Craiglist find

Jeff Horton

If you know me you know I don't buy new tools. Made an exception today. Found these on the Craiglist and just couldn't pass them up.

These are probably some of the last made in American Delta tools. Not sure if they are any better than the over sea's one though. But I like that they are American made!

craiglist_find.jpg craiglist_find1.jpg craiglist_find2.jpg

Delta LD shaper. Looks to be in very good shape. The table is rusty, that made me feel better about buying it :rofl: The switch is on the motor and someone has added a second switch which is in pieces. So not sure if it runs. I am betting it as simple as rewiring the switch it will run. Not sure the purpose of the wood on the stand but it's coming off. Polish the top and spit shine her up too.

Fence is just not in the photo.

Bandsaw had a loose blade on it. The owner said he put the blade on and realized he didn't know what he was doing. Got it home, put the blade on, adjusted the tracking and plugged her up. Ran perfect. Adjusted the guides and this is one sweet cutting saw!

Not sure what I am going to do with them. Will clean them up and make them nice and shiny and probably sell or trade them.

Jeff

Last edited:
Between you and Greg...you guys find the best deals on CL. I keep checking in my area and never find anything worth a dang.

Dang... I just can't seem to find a super deal on a 14" bandsaw...I may just have to settle for the 12" Delta I got on CL. Would sure like to have a cast iron table, blade cut to the center for a fence install (the one I have now has the slot on the fence side, so I'd have to remove the fence to change blades).

I'd also like to have one I could increase the cut height via a spacer. Up to 12" cut would be sweet.

Congrats, Jeff... nice finds.

Nice haul Jeff.

Maybe that wood surround is a foot hold to hold er down.:eek: :huh: :dunno:

Same here guys. This is the second thing I have found on Craigslist. Greg has me bet by a long shot. I found the grinder but not many people would have much use for that big chunk of iron.

I just happened to check the list Sunday 2 minutes after these were posted. I think he has people standing in line for them. He priced them way to cheap I thought. He also had a contractors saw that I probably should have bought. It was a good deal but I didn't need it and I figure a table saw is one thing most people have. So it would be harder to sell.

Just keep checking, you never know!

You know Allen, I just don't think that many people brought woodworking equipment down to FL with them so it isn't showing up on CL

Jay

Dang... I just can't seem to find a super deal on a 14" bandsaw...I may just have to settle for the 12" Delta I got on CL. Would sure like to have a cast iron table, blade cut to the center for a fence install (the one I have now has the slot on the fence side, so I'd have to remove the fence to change blades).

I'd also like to have one I could increase the cut height via a spacer. Up to 12" cut would be sweet.

Congrats, Jeff... nice finds.

Greg, I may be missing something here. Wats the big deal about removing the fence to change the blade? :dunno: Removing the fence might require a whole 1 to 2 seconds of time. Replacing it, maybe 4 seconds. :huh:

Greg, I may be missing something here. Wats the big deal about removing the fence to change the blade? :dunno: Removing the fence might require a whole 1 to 2 seconds of time. Replacing it, maybe 4 seconds. :huh:
I had a little benchtop bandsaw, and if I recall correctly, it was necessary to remove the front fence rail to replace the blade. It was a real pain. (Especially since putting a new blade on didn't help, either.) :doh: Dunno if that's Greg's sitation or not.

I had a little benchtop bandsaw, and if I recall correctly, it was necessary to remove the front fence rail to replace the blade. It was a real pain. (Especially since putting a new blade on didn't help, either.) :doh: Dunno if that's Greg's sitation or not.

Exactly the situation, but the rail is on the side with the Kreg....PITA, so I'm building my own table and using/modifying a Rockler fence I got with a router table setup. (I use a different fence for the router, so I have a spare).

I was going to say something about my Chinese made, Grizzly tools don't have those problems. But, that might be inappropriate, so I won't. :rofl:

I agree on the comments about CL for tools BUT I have gotten 2 good, separate deals on Walnut and cherry that are now residing in my shop...Doesn't happen too often