maple HF

This is a piece i just now finished. As you can see it has a lot of figure and even some splating. Where the splating is it was kinda punky but i thought it was two nice a piece of wood not to give it a shot. Not shore if i should of given it the finial but i did any way :) thanks for looking and all C&C more than welcome.
BTW the finial is holly dyed black using india ink then waxed and hand buffed. the reason it was hand buffed is it's a little under 1/16 at the smallest. Was afraid it would break if put on a buffing wheel.

Attachments

• 001 [800x600].JPG
    001 [800x600].JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 002 [800x600].JPG
    002 [800x600].JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 003 [800x600].JPG
    003 [800x600].JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 004 [800x600].JPG
    004 [800x600].JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 005 [800x600].JPG
    005 [800x600].JPG
    70 KB · Views: 28
  • 006 [800x600].JPG
    006 [800x600].JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 22
But how big is it?? This is a great combo Steve. My only suggestion would be to change the lid of the final so it's more curved where it meets the mouth of the HF instead of the step up. I really think that's a great finial and the curl on the maple is fantastic!!

Last edited:
I liked your bowl, and the fine finial,but especially your use of India Ink. I will try that one. Here is a maple similar sized bowl I made from maple, actually a piece of firewood. The bowl split in a matter of months. No pics added, as this forum will only let me ad a url to my website. I thought I could upload them)

That's what I'm talking about. Great piece, Steve.

Theodore, you can upload pictures to the forum. There is a size limit of 150 kb, but it's pretty easy to attach pics to a post. I'm on my cell phone right now, but hopefully someone can point you to the tutorial on resizing and attaching photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim i agree that the base of this finial ain't the best, but it is what i ended up with. might make a different one tomorrow. That's if i don't have to go to the hospital,as my father in law was just picked up by the paramadics a little bit ago.
Theodore your more than welcome to steal this idea about the ink, as i stold it my self.:rofl::rofl: As far as the pics i'm not very puter savy. So some one else is gonna have to help ya out on them. I do know if i can figure it out you can.:thumb: To the rest of ya thanks much i do apprecate it.

'Very' nice Steve :thumb:

Theodore, you can upload pictures to the forum. There is a size limit of 150 kb, but it's pretty easy to attach pics to a post. I'm on my cell phone right now, but hopefully someone can point you to the tutorial on resizing and attaching photos.

Theodore, here's the tut Vaughn is referring to I believe...if you already have them sized properly, scroll down half a page or so to see the 'posting your picture' section
http://workingwoods.com/fw%20tutorials/Posting%20Pictures%20on%20FW.htm