gone bananas

Frank Fusco

I have begun eating bananas lately. Heard somewhere that they are good for older people. If'n that is true, they also have to be good for younger fellas, like myself. :rolleyes:
I saw a plastic stand for sale but decided to make my own from wood.
Gathered up a hunk of oak, ran it through the planer, got fancy with a French curve, made a tracing onto the oak and cut the shape on the old Griz bandsaw and rounded the edges on my mini-shaper.
I had trouble sanding the curvies with any power tools I have so had to resort to some hand sanding. :eek: Is that still legal?
Wiped on some Min wax and screwed it together.
Easy and fun quick project. But like most first projects, I learned something. The stand should be taller and the base longer. These dimensions approximate the manufactured one I saw. I'm going to redo with improved design and size.

Attachments

• banana stand 1.jpg
    banana stand 1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 57
  • banana stand 2.jpg
    banana stand 2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 63
I can't tell you how long I've been meaning to make one of those!

I really need to get off of the computer one of these days and spend some time in the shop...

Hi,

Myrna has one of those that Glenn made for her.

A thought---Potassium is great and the human body needs to get enough. However, too much can do things to your heart according to my internist.

I don't remember how much is too much. I do remember that he had me knock off of bananas for awhile. I guess it is like strawberries; every year I go bananas (ha ha) over strawberries. Then I start making multiple trips to the John (Why don't they call it a Bill, Jim or Frank?) and have to stop strawberries for a bit before resuming at a more normal rate.

Enjoy,

Jim

I'm sure you can find out what is too much potassium on the web. If not, let me know and I will ask.

Maybe you just need to buy shorter bananas. :D

That came out looking nice, especially for a prototype built by a young guy like you. :p

Hi,

Myrna has one of those that Glenn made for her.

A thought---Potassium is great and the human body needs to get enough. However, too much can do things to your heart according to my internist.

I don't remember how much is too much. I do remember that he had me knock off of bananas for awhile. I guess it is like strawberries; every year I go bananas (ha ha) over strawberries. Then I start making multiple trips to the John (Why don't they call it a Bill, Jim or Frank?) and have to stop strawberries for a bit before resuming at a more normal rate.

Enjoy,

Jim

I'm sure you can find out what is too much potassium on the web. If not, let me know and I will ask.

Or a Sue!!!!Oh can't you see it now a John named Sue?????:eek::D:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: