I wish I was in the land of cotton

Ned Bulken

I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times they are not forgotten;
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.
In Dixie Land where I was born,
Early on one frosty mornin,
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land....

Headed to Charlotte (work is slow in VA, so I said 'I'll go anywhere you need me'...)

There was a guy driving down a back road. He noticed a cotton ball along side the road. He thought nothing of it. However a mile later he saw another cotton ball.

And sure enough a mile later he saw a dead cotton.

Enjoy,

Jim

I will add---Enjoy your work. It is good to be working in this day and age.

I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times they are not forgotten;
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.
In Dixie Land where I was born,
Early on one frosty mornin,
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land....

Headed to Charlotte (work is slow in VA, so I said 'I'll go anywhere you need me'...)

You wouldn't sing that song for long if you were pulling a 6 yard sack, down a double row, one mile long in September, in west Texas.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

BTDT

Hi Here I am again.

During WWII I spent a fair amount of time at Camp Pendleton, CA. I went out to get a chocolate shake. There was a new lady taking the orders. The guy in front of me said something like, " Hi, You are new. Where are you from?"

She answered, "SSSoooooooouuuuuuuuuttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhh CaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooollllliiiiinnnnnnAhhhhh.

By the time she was through saying those two words, it was time for revile.

I have probably thought of that a thousand times since. It always makes me want to go to South Carolina.

Can you have nostalgia for some place you have never been?

Enjoy,----------I did.

Jim

Hi Here I am again.

During WWII I spent a fair amount of time at Camp Pendleton, CA. I went out to get a chocolate shake. There was a new lady taking the orders. The guy in front of me said something like, " Hi, You are new. Where are you from?"

She answered, "SSSoooooooouuuuuuuuuttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhh CaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooollllliiiiinnnnnnAhhhhh.

By the time she was through saying those two words, it was time for revile.

I have probably thought of that a thousand times since. It always makes me want to go to South Carolina.

Can you have nostalgia for some place you have never been?

Enjoy,----------I did.

Jim

Jim
I just went through North, SSSoooooooouuuuuuuuuttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhh CaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooollllliiiiinnnnnnAhhhhh last month.

There is a lady from there that was on the Bill Crosbly show and she is a true gem.

Video is floating around the web..

Here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO1kmfLmGRA

I still laugh every time I play it....
Garry

Gary,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was laughing so hard that I started sweating and had to do a strip-tease act.

I went downstairs and got Myrna and set the video up for her. I watched it this second time along with her and laughed as hard as first time, Myrna was laughing right along with me. What a blast!

Enjoy,

Jim

Gary,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was laughing so hard that I started sweating and had to do a strip-tease act.

I went downstairs and got Myrna and set the video up for her. I watched it this second time along with her and laughed as hard as first time, Myrna was laughing right along with me. What a blast!

Enjoy,

Jim

Jim
I just watched it again and still laughed all the way through it...
Some one had sent it to me just before I stumbled into North, SC on my way to Florida, and when I saw where I was I nearly had to park just thinking about her as it wasn't very safe to drive chuckling like that!

Glad you enjoyed it.
Garry

Scary part about that show... I think I saw the original... I'm a big fan of Bill Cosby and have been for years... he was at the Circle Star theatre in Redwood City back in the early 70's... my first wife and I attended the show... I thought I was going to need an ambulance before the show was over.... I actually had pains in my side from laughing at him.

Scary part about that show... I think I saw the original... I'm a big fan of Bill Cosby and have been for years... he was at the Circle Star theatre in Redwood City back in the early 70's... my first wife and I attended the show... I thought I was going to need an ambulance before the show was over.... I actually had pains in my side from laughing at him.

I'm in the same boat with you Chuck...and I think this thread has been :threadjacked: