A little late night local humor............

Mark Rios

David Letterman just did his funny newspaper headlines bit on his show. One was from a city not too far from the city that I live in. Just one more reason why I will be leaving California............

In the Tracy CA. newspaper, as I suppose many do, they have a feature where they ask different flolks the same question and print their answers.

This particular recent question was: What was your favorite Valentines gitft? One man's answer was, "Well, I'd have to say that it was my wife coming home from prison. It really wasn't on Valentines day, but it was close enough".

AAAaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!! I need to move.

Mark,

Trust me on this one: things are wierd all over. Here's what life is like in the rest of the country:

" Well, I was drunk the day that Momma got out of prison,
And I went to pick her up in the rain,
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck,
She got runned over by a damned old train. "

That's known as the perfect song in many parts of the nation. ;)

So, where are you moving? ;)

Thanks,

Bill

...So, where are you moving? ;)...
My guess is ABC. Anywhere But California. :D I know in my case that's the goal. :wave: Actually, there are lots of great places in this state, but I want to end up somewhere with fewer than 8 million of my closest friends and where my property taxes aren't quite so high. (I'm in the foothills of LA County. Real beautiful place if half the people would leave.)

Mark,

Trust me on this one: things are wierd all over. Here's what life is like in the rest of the country:

" Well, I was drunk the day that Momma got out of prison,
And I went to pick her up in the rain,
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck,
She got runned over by a damned old train. "

That's known as the perfect song in many parts of the nation. ;)

So, where are you moving? ;)

Thanks,

Bill

That isn't a country song it didn't say a thing about the dog!!!!!!!!!
:rofl:

My guess is ABC. Anywhere But California. :D I know in my case that's the goal. :wave: Actually, there are lots of great places in this state, but I want to end up somewhere with fewer than 8 million of my closest friends and where my property taxes aren't quite so high. (I'm in the foothills of LA County. Real beautiful place if half the people would leave.)

[size=+1]That's why I sold my place in Tustin, CA, and bought a much nicer place - on acreage - here in Ohio.

Way less congestion, decidedly lower cost of living, and a much more laid-back lifestyle.

Taxes aren't all that much less, percentage-wise, than California, though. Of course, you don't see the property prices anywhere near what they are in California, either. My $200K Ohio house would be about $750~800K in California - and that's without the acreage, which would probably take it to around two mil...[/size]

You guys will love this, "more crazyness in California"

Some ladies are knitting sweaters for dolphins because the navy wants to use them to patrol around ships to keep the bad guys away. They plan to do this in Seattle Washington and the water there is "just too cold" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Check it out. http://knittingfordolphins.com/