Just waiting..................

When I have projects that require gluing, you have to wait , glue another piece and wait. and the same with veneer. It drives me crazy.
I wanted to get working on my old gun but decided to do the repair to the forearm stock where both top edges were chipped off. So I found the english walnut I needed and made the shapes to fit and the only way to get these slivers to hold is with Systems 3 epoxy which means 24 hours before I can shape the stock and inlay the barrel. wait , wait wait wait wait...................

Reminds me of an old saying: " I would rather watch paint dry then go out with you "
Well I'd rather surf on here then watch the epoxy dry :rofl:

But in the long run, the wait is worth it, right? If you were in a real hurry, you would use CA glue (or a pin nailer, LOL). But you'd always know you didn't do it right. And that's just not your style. ;)

What a difference a day makes. Did all the glueing yesterday and this evening Hot Lacquer sticks and some veneer over new parts. Plus a 5 hour energy makes all the differences in the world for pulling a 12-14 hour day. I have a big surprise on this next project I'll be wrapping up in the next few days.

Tried CA on a pen project...didn't work...using TB 3...waiting...cutting squares for the re-glue....waiting....4 days to make a pen blank...not sure it's priceless