Harley boys

I am now a owner of a Sportster 883 bored out to 1200, 2006. My friend John who recently passed away had 2 bikes and the Soft tail ( I have no idea what that is except is big and to much for me) I have been wanting a bike all my life and owning something of John will be really nice plus I am helping Mary out. I pick up the bike tomorrow and a good friend will drive it down from where John lived to the shop, I just need to figure out how to ramp it in here.

Thought I saw a putty tat LOL

Not really............... Tattoo

Steve no tat's for me I hate needles and my hair would take forever to grow out. Hey! Maybe a hat with one of those tails like the guy on Swamp people has.

Very cool Dave, my first Harley was a 1983 '883' I bought from a neighbor in 1990...up-graded from dirt bikes, whole nuther experience :rofl: sure you'll enjoy!!!

The orange paint job was on it when I got it, then became all black after 'slide testing' it about a month into it :doh: watch all of them other folks on the road :eek:

& now ya got me thinking about another one :thumb:{<I think,LOL}

83883.jpg

PS: those beer totes were only used for storage back in the day :D

I'm wanting a motorcycle so bad I can taste it.
I heard the Harly Electra Drive is the most comfortable one out there. That's what I need, comfort. I looked them up on the HD website. Starting price about $19,000.00. :eek: That ain't comfortable. :(

If I had the chance, I would like to have the Softail, the sportster is not that big but the Softail is not as big as the Electra Glide.

Frank if you think that 19.000 for an ElectraGlide is too much you should know that here they are sold about 25.000€ that would mean about 35.000$ at the actual exchange rate.:eek:

There is a HD distributor near where I live, eventually I had to stop passing in front of it, the owner was fed up off me licking the shopwindow and drooling.:D

Add me to the list

The interest in a bike from various members here is funny. Add me to the list!

I saw a KLR 650 Dual Sport for sale locally and the bug bit.

Once I saw it I slowed down a bit. I am a short guy and the KLR is a very tall bike. My feet are 6+ inches off the ground. I know there are other options out there that will fit me better.

I had a few bikes when I was young and back then in Florida you could go/do about anything you wanted. Used to fly up and down 26 miles of beach in Stuart, Fl. on one of the first enduro type Yamahas. Today the only beach you can ride on is Daytona and you will be riding beside mini-vans at 20 mph.

I guess it is the memories of the freedom that is drawing me back but in reality much of that freedom is gone forever.

I would love to take a ride from Key West to Deadhorse, AK and take a good look at this beautiful country we live in.

Last time I felt like this I built an airplane and flew all over the country. Guess I just need to wait and see what happens with this itch.

Maybe a Tour De Wood - Bike Style

Larry's beard would look good in the wind.

yu folks lusting to get a bike they are going cheap on craigs list and other classifieds,, a 20 k bike 2 yrs ago can be had for almost half now and can still be in mint condition..they have taken a hit like everything else that is a "not must have" thing..

I'm wanting a motorcycle so bad I can taste it.
I heard the Harly Electra Drive is the most comfortable one out there. That's what I need, comfort. I looked them up on the HD website. Starting price about $19,000.00. :eek: That ain't comfortable. :(

Nah...My Goldwing beats Glide any day of the week...and I have reverse:thumb: No way I'm pushing 900lbs backwards:eek:

I suppose most everyone has heard the statistic that 96% of the Harleys ever made are still on the road.

The other 4% made it home.

And then there's the question, "What's the best thing to carry on a Harley?"

Answer: "A mechanic"

Mike

Thanks Mike you really built up my confidence ;)

This bike thing has been a life long thing. I have prayed about it and waiting the usually 2 weeks after the initial thought of actually buying it and I am not not getting any negatives in my gut. If and when I do I will sell it. and can just about double what I am paying for it. Which is a good reason to buy it also.

My brother has rode since he was 16 (he is 58 now) he as a full blown dresser harley and build a removable flat bed and uses it to deliver table looms that he builds and sells (if it is within a reasonable distance) I wish I had a pic of that... Enjoy it Dave, I have always wanted one but for me will never happen.

The last time I rode a bike was 1962 on Guam... it was a 50 cc Honda... the biggest bike Honda built in those days was the 250 Dreamcycle... Yamaha had a 300 something... I had occasion to ride a buddy's Yamaha one day and had a blast until I met a house coming down the road.... when I turned, I hit a gravel pocket and dumped the bike... by the time it stopped spinning I was squatting on the gas tank holding on to the upper most handle bar for dear life.... I owned the 50cc Honda, but when I got sick on Guam and started peeing blood (not the bike's fault - another problem) I sold it.

Oh I did have an occasion in 1985 or 86 to ride a 750 Triumph or some model... not sure now... they guy called up and wanted to it crated and shipped to Mexico... I told him to bring it at a certain time when I was in the office and could arrange to get it to the packer... he showed up 2 hours early while I was on a sales call and just left it out front... I had to ride it around the building to the packing dock... don't think I got out of low gear... way too much bike for me...

Now I just watch all the old guys coming through Tellico Plains on their way up the Cherohala to Robbinsville, NC so they can ride the Dragon's Tail back down into Maryville, TN.... some nice bikes coming through town every weekend.