A worthwhile few words for us all to consider

Rob Keeble

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Got detoured this morning after Glenns post of a mod by Derek Cohen.[/FONT]
Came across his words which i thought were quiet apt and worth quoting as a reminder to us all.
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Quote copied direct from Dereks site [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"Conflict on a woodwork forum is inevitably linked to two parties having a different opinion as to what it is all about. I decided to jot down the different positions that may be taken as a way to help others understand that their way was not the only way.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Reasons to Woodwork[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think that "destination" verses "journey" is an oversimplification, but it is one we understand. Another oversimplification is to divide woodworkers into those that do it for money (professionals) and those who do not (hobbiests). The truth is that there are just so many ways in which to gain pleasure, and so many different reasons to use or own tools or a workshop: [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some take pride in using ingenuity to create objects. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some will consider that developing handskills is the ultimate objective of woodworking. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some consider that a completed piece of furniture is the ultimate objective of woodworking. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some just want more power. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For some it is just a hobby and for others it is a living. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some treat the workshop as a sanctuary rather than a place of work. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some treat the workshop as a place of work and cannot conceive of it as a sanctuary. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some think of woodworking as fun and enjoy spending money on tools, in the same way that a golfer buys clubs and knickknacks. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some think of woodworking as a business and consider any expenditure on non-basic tools as frivolous and wasteful. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The bottom line is that we come together with a common love of woodwork - whatever that means to each of us - and the forum is where we share (not reject) these various interests and experiences. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Regards from Perth[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Derek Cohen"[/FONT]

End quote.

Thanks Derek.:thumb::thumb:

so Mr. Cohen realizes that woodworkers are just as narrow minded and self centered as the rest of the population.(full of envy, sarcasm, and alot of other things I cant post here)