Smell the roses

Gang, I know I have been a little crankie lately. For that I am sorry, but I tell you. STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES.

Tonight I took a drive to clear my head, lot going on. School is rough in the summer. I laughed when my adviser told me not to take the classes I took together. Hah, what does he know. He knew a lot:(

Well tonight I stopped at my cousins house. Less than 3 miles from mine. Wide open country, no stop lights or big city stuff. He built a new house over a year ago. First time I took time to see it. Busy guy huh? I visited with his two kids. One has had a liver transplant. He didn't even remember my name. Yep I felt like poo.

I had a blast. I am serious, I never laughed so hard. Those kids are great. The little one knows no fear. I guess after what he has been through, what could be worse?

Gang stop and smell those roses, they might not be around long.

Good message there Steve. I just, a few minute ago, learned that one of my former students, still in high school, and her mother were hit when another driver somehow crossed to their lane. The girl escaped with a sprained ankle. Her mother didn't make it. They were on their way to a wedding in Tennessee. You just don't know how long the roses will last. I'm so happy that you stopped to visit.

Like%20Button%2075.jpg

I completely agree, Steve.

Yep, with all my lovely wife and I have been through in the last couple of years, you just have to stop sometimes and be thankful you are on the right side of the turf! :thumb:

Steve
There is a good message there for all of us. We have all heard it but tend to forget. Even in retirement I find the same issue of I don't keep reminding myself..

Thanks...