It's Friday 6/24

Ok another Friday is upon us.

Going to the drive-in tonight. Cars 2 is showing and the weather will be great.
Shop time is a given and so is the homework to be finished.

So what's going on in your neighborhood?

Well, I just bought the Sportster last night and thinking of flipping it, and then I want to do all the finial touches to the shot gun before browing the iron. I would like to go fishing.

Shop time tonight and tomorrow morning. Making a dartboard cabinet for a friends 40th birthday. Nothing fancy, just some scrap wood and basic pocket screw stuff. It's for his man cave barn, which isn't fancy either...should fit just fine. The party is tomorrow night at his barn...hope I can get it done on time. :rolleyes:

Need to have a work project done by end of next week, so probably a fair amount of workwork this weekend. I will spend a little time getting the shop ready for Sharon and I to work on our Toy Swap projects, but that's probably about it...

Getting the shelf up for the belt/disc sander. Cigar sampling!! I sold my Goldwing yesterday:(...so the big lathe will be one the way and I grabbed a Grizzly Sharpening system with a couple of jigs. So now I HAVE to get the shop really organized and cleaned:doh: The good news is the temps are only going to be in the mid 90's...down from 107 Tuesday:p

Taking wife out for a belated anniversary dinner tonight.
Tomorrow, I'm donning my Revolutionary Rifleman outfit and going to our areas annual Red, White and Blue event at the fairgrounds for a patriotic ceremony. Outfit is very warm, I nearly passed out from the heat last year.
Sunday, church and, if not too hot, some yard work.

Shoptime, I need to finish sanding some candle holder I'm making for a wedding gift and practice spin painting before I apply this finish to the top of the holders. I got this idea from the UK magazine "Woodturning". I will post the finished project when it's completed.

Added the spin painting finish to the tops of the candle holders.

Attachments

• Candle Holders 1.jpg
    Candle Holders 1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Candle Holders 2.JPG
    Candle Holders 2.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Working on some toy swap items. Got one put together last night and my wife claimed it already, luckily I had another 4 in the works.

Probably going to work on finishing up the stairs and some more cleaning in the shop. Need to put together a wood rack (even if it's temporary). I have wood setting on benches and leaning against places that are rather inconvenient, can't even get the truck in the shop, so it's got to move and the first order of business.

Need to do some garage sale pricing, had the stuff setup on tables in the house garage for about a month and been busy every weekend since it got setup, it's got to go one way or another.

(I'm in a cleaning mood today...can you tell?)

By tomorrow, the list above will probably be forgotten and I'll be laying out in the pool all weekend. ;)

Toy swap fun and I need to fix the mower's gas tank, cheap plastic split at the seam...may as well do a tune up/oil change/blade sharpening while I'm at it, way over-due... possibly running the chainsaw as well, if the neighbors buddy gets a chance to cut down his dead maple tree, I get the firewood :D

I keep trying to finish setting up the router table as part of the TS table. However, Murphy keeps sticking his big nose into the project. I have tried four different Router, TS setups. The first was a completely separate router table. Increase in standing tools crowded that choice out. Thus, I decided to combine RT with TS tables.

I have made three trial setups. This one, number three, looks like a winner. However, it is a bit over my head skill wise. Glenn is going to help me with it. Unfortunately our schedules cannot get together until about July 20th. I can work with it the way it is arranged now---Note: I said, "I can." not "It's peachy wonderful."

Oh yes, the week-end. Gym Sat and Sun mornings, as usual. Do a bunch of small, non-urgent tasks so I won't have them hanging over my head. I have set the end of July as the, "Stop messing with the shop." cut-off date. That should clear me for the upcoming "Guild" project, a chance to start a box for the upcoming Box Swap, and do some spinney for the Holiday Gift time of year.

Enjoy,

Jim

I keep trying to finish setting up the router table as part of the TS table. However, Murphy keeps sticking his big nose into the project. I have tried four different Router, TS setups. The first was a completely separate router table. Increase in standing tools crowded that choice out. Thus, I decided to combine RT with TS tables.

I have made three trial setups. This one, number three, looks like a winner. However, it is a bit over my head skill wise. Glenn is going to help me with it. Unfortunately our schedules cannot get together until about July 20th. I can work with it the way it is arranged now---Note: I said, "I can." not "It's peachy wonderful."

Oh yes, the week-end. Gym Sat and Sun mornings, as usual. Do a bunch of small, non-urgent tasks so I won't have them hanging over my head. I have set the end of July as the, "Stop messing with the shop." cut-off date. That should clear me for the upcoming "Guild" project, a chance to start a box for the upcoming Box Swap, and do some spinney for the Holiday Gift time of year.

Enjoy,

Jim

Mr Bradley,
I can only suggest that you stop considering Mrs. Murphy in your efforts:eek:. Do not look at her, think about her, talk about her, so on. Your best effort is enough...I shudder to think how your mind may travel during your woodworking efforts! Be strong my friend and cleanse your mind!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Recovering from my little procedure at the Dr. office today. Wasn't near as bad as the mind had me thinking going into it, but still feel like someone planted a baseball bat up the back side. :rofl:
I have the sprinkler pump in the shop ready for another overhaul. Hopefully it will work and start pumping water again. Getting expensive watering with the house water.
Beyond that, wait on LOML. Every little need. Will be this way for a week or so, maybe more. She had surgery Wed. (plastic surgery finishing up from the breast cancer surgery last summer) and is still a little slow getting around, and quite sore. Got the bandaging off this morning and a shower. Glad I had some vacation time. Jim.

Jim

To me "Murphy" is a bit of humor. I go on and do whatever it was I was doing. So it takes 5 screwdrivers instead of one. I laugh and say something like, "Thank you Murphy---you just made my day."

The great majority of the time I am an up-beat person. I enjoy life.

Thanks and Enjoy,

Jim

I've got a few turned pieces ready for final sanding and the first coats of finish, and more green wood you try to use up. I've got a couple of big green pieces of box elder ended up being about half rotten inside, but the problem wasn't realized until I'd started shaping them. I'm going to see what I can do to salvage the remaining wood...it's too pretty to waste.

Also planning to get more done (hopefully everything but the finish) on the wooden lathe (sort of) that I hinted at last week. ;)