where is everyone?

allen levine

Maybe its me, but it seems like theres only a handful of posters these days.
Im sure there are quite a bit of those here that are off at their summer homes on the French Riviera, or maybe they are deep sea fishing off the coast of Key West, but I hope they check in once in a blue moon.

Like I said, maybe its me. I just dont see alot of names posting here these days that I did a few months ago.

Hope all is well with all non posting members,and I hope you find a minute to drop in and say hello.

I could blame summer activities but, I am just having a creative block. I wanted to have my bedframe and dresser done this year but I can't get happy with the design. LOML sees this as an opportunity to get her additional kitchen cabinets which is my idea of work and not enjoyable woodworking at all :rolleyes:. Also, I am getting some planting done in the back yard that I was going to have done 2 years ago :D.

Summertime is my busy time and I don't get much done in the shop. I do check in about every night, but don't have much to say. I get about 15-20 minutes to check in. I try and post a little more often. The next couple of months will be busy yet with a cedar chest to build, a new grandson to go see a oogle, and our state fair. I service the JD gators up there and am on call 24-7 for the week before fair and the 10 days of the fair. I don't mind it thro because I get in free and can park close to the places I want to go.

I'm here. Just got back from my Italian Villa and a safari in Africa. Next week off to Rio.
I'm pretty busy in the summer. Lots of yard work and garden work. Building several things as well. Only get on the site about 2 times a day lately.

The wife is going in for a knee replacement july 5th so my time will be even more limited.:(

I'm here. Just got back from my Italian Villa and a safari in Africa. Next week off to Rio.
I'm pretty busy in the summer. Lots of yard work and garden work. Building several things as well. Only get on the site about 2 times a day lately.

The wife is going in for a knee replacement july 5th so my time will be even more limited.:(

What a coincidence. I'm in Africa on safari now, and I'm headed to Italy after this. (BTW, Abimbola told me to tell you hi. He says you forgot your sunglasses in the Land Rover again.) Sending all my best to your wife...I understand new knees are worth the procedure.

I've been working until early evening four days a week, and seem to have a lot of other stuff going on to keep me busy in the off hours. Shop time has been reduced somewhat, but I'm still out there quite a bit. I have a lot of things in progress right now...just waiting to finish things up before posting photos. The yard is taking up some of my shop time, too.

What a coincidence. I'm in Africa on safari now, and I'm headed to Italy after this. (BTW, Abimbola told me to tell you hi. He says you forgot your sunglasses in the Land Rover again.) Sending all my best to your wife...I understand new knees are worth the procedure.

I left my camera in the Land Rover as well so I can't post the pictures of me wearing native garb and facing off a lion with my swiss army knife. sorry :(:( They did get a picture of me being life flighted to the nearest hospital though :D

I went ahead and developed your film, Bob. That's quite some Swiss Army Knife you have there...

4227272088_53dae0de35.jpg

Pretty cool chopper, though...

life_flight_memorial_hospital_sugarland_annex.jpg

Well I haven't posted much in some time so you probably haven't been missin me anyhow.:D I've gotten where I don't post much anywhere I visit. I read and check up on stuff but don't take the time to post and upload pics and such of the projects we've got going on in my shop. Rest assured we are as busy as cranberry merchants the day before Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll get back in the mood to post sometime later on.

alan you also s a question on a weekend , like most I was off , on excursion fishing trip in west virginia and maryland area . 1 other thing summertime is usually a time when people have to make hey while the sun is shining .