Roman Harvest

Les Elm

Rollerball dressed up in a piece of Shed Elk Antler.
Turned to shape, fill antler marrow voids with Med CA, over turned 0.0001" to fittings, applied 6 coats of Med CA,sanded to 400x, buffed with Ultrafine Steel Wool and polished with Huts Ultra Gloss.

Les

s1jith.jpg

14uddz8.jpg

Hey Les...is this pieces of antler or a whole shed antler? I ask because not knowing what a shed looks like, the make up makes me think of antler in a blender and poured...like your wood chip blanks! Regardless...amazing depth!
I'm doing pours tomorrow with Michaels and CSUSA resin...and tubes I painted today to see what happens! You'll be the second to know!:thumb:

As always, your finishes are knock-outs.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the turned marrow. I know elk antlers are hard to make pens from because they are so large.
I prefer to look for a piece of whitetail that is 'just right' in diameter and turn so it is mostly bone white.

Hey Les...is this pieces of antler or a whole shed antler? I ask because not knowing what a shed looks like, the make up makes me think of antler in a blender and poured...like your wood chip blanks! Regardless...amazing depth!
I'm doing pours tomorrow with Michaels and CSUSA resin...and tubes I painted today to see what happens! You'll be the second to know!:thumb:

Thanks Jim,

This piece was cut from a complete rack of shed elk antler close the the skull end where the the best color variations are found in the porous marrow.

Les

Last edited: