New toy

Jeb Taylor

Well working long hours for the last two months doesn't leave much time in the shop, but it does help add a new shiny :) Thanks to Glenn for the recommendation. Haven't tried it out yet, need a longer cable and plug, but got it assembled tonight.

I was again impressed by the quality of the grizzly line. Easy instructions, about 2 hrs assembly. No missing parts. The only extra tweaks I made were sanding a couple small paint spots and knocking down the machined edges so I wouldn't cut myself.

The table shipped as in alignment as any straight edge I have to verify it with atm. Figured out had bad off my combo square was when I tried to align the pulleys. I was driving myself crazy moving the motor back and forth till I realized my ruler wasn't really that straight... I ended up flipping the ruler both ways and splitting the difference. New starret straight edge is definitely on the to buy list.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 57
Great addition to the shop. Between it and the planer in the photo, you don't have many excuses left for un-flat lumber. :thumb:

NICE! I have the same planer and love it, it really is a quality machine. That jointer is a great addition, especially with the 8" bed and spiral cutterhead. You should be able to run pretty much anything you need through those 2.
Good luck with it and keep us posted as to how it operates.
Congrats!

Can't wait to fire it up :) My old 6" craftsman jointer was a pretty good machine, but I'm a big fan of carbide, and it did have tear out issues on some wood.

Most of the wood I get tends to come from yard trees, the only stuff I can buy retail here is oak, maple, poplar, and beech. It's all nice and straight grained, but the walnut and cherry I get locally from farms/yards that are cut have some really crazy grains. I've had the planer for a few months, I've been really happy with it and the insert life.