Friday, holiday weeknd edition

Morning gang. It's a holiday weekend for most. Canada should be today, their Independence day and in the US our Independence day Monday.

So what is planned? Hear it is going to be hot in most places.

Heading over to Vermont this morning to spend part of the day with my oldest daughter. Saturday I have to replace the solenoid and starter on the lawn tractor. Going to bypass the seat safety switch like Frank did. It drives me nuts.
Sunday we are having most of the kids and grandkids over for a cookout. Burgers, sausage, hot dogs and chicken. Maybe a pork loin as well.
Monday we will take my granddaughter Abby to the local parade and fireworks.

My wife is going in for knee replacement surgery on tuesday. She will be in the hospital for 3 or 4 days. So the balance of Monday will be spent listening to my wife go over the " you will do this while I'm in the hospital" list. :rolleyes:
I'm sure all will be ok but your positive thoughts will be appreciated.

Well,

Not a heck of a lot on the schedule.

Will probably have to spend a good deal of the weekend catching up on some work/work.

Going to smoke a pork butt on Saturday.

Need to get the toy swap items done.

Thats about all...

we probably should be careful here on this possible political day or thread steve not all of the members are cheerful on the reasoning for this wknd.. dont want any political or religious believes being stepped on...;):rolleyes::thumb:

I'm in class all weekend , Motorcycle Safety course. It's good. 17 hours from 12:45 to 6 ............T,F,S,S. Tuesday I should have my lic providing I pass the test. Wife is on Vacation so I'm getting it done before she can hammer me :rofl:

Trumbull County Fair tomorrow - A friend is showing his six horse Percheron hitch.

Sunday at my niece's for a birthday party (her husband's, and both kids').

Monday, I might get back into the shop - unless there's yardwork. Grass isn't growing too fast right now - no rain for the past couple weeks...

Heading out of town this afternoon to go see some friends that moved to central MO. Supposed to be near 100 all weekend :eek:...so I see some pool time with some BBQ and beers!

Firing up the Margarita machine tomorrow and having a few friends over. Suppose to be in the 100's, so lots of pool time. Might have to stop and get some ribs and sausage to smoke this weekend.

The city fireworks show is only a few blocks away, so going to watch it from my deck, though I might walk over for the car show.

going to be hanging siding on the shop this weekend... :eek: Since I migrated to VA my version of the nosy neighbor has been giving my wife grief about the shop and other stuff. Including wanting my shop torn down. Well, suffice to say that aint happenin... but I am willing to admit that I'm due to put the siding on finally. just priced some sheet goods at the Blue Borg and I'm going with pre-primed 3/8" stuff similar to t-111 (might even Be that, but with a different name). The CFO agrees, and so we're going to steal the middle son's new wood hauler and pick up 20 sheets of it.

Pretty quiet for us. Due to the heat the branches from the storm last month will remain on the ground for a while longer.
Our town has a Red, White and Blue patriotic event the week before the 4th. I participated in that representing the Revolutionary Rifleman. Hot but worth it. You coulda heard the proverbial pin drop in the sand at the saddle club arena. When is the last time you saw 3,000+ people standing saluting, including small children without making a sound?
Today, not much doing, will probably do some small things in shop. Tomorrow going to friends for a BBQ and (sober) visit.
Sunday, church then home.

Saturday is work at the Onrust in Waterford. They are having their annual steamboat roundup this weekend. Not sure about the rest of the weekend-depends on what the boss wants to do.

Happy Independence Day to everyone!:thumb:

BBQing some steaks tomorrow with some friends and need to drive to Woodcraft in Portland on Sunday and then Fireworks on Monday. :):)

I'm taking a 5 day weekend. Much needed. Boat stuff today. Gardening tomorrow. Junk from house on Sun. Gathering with desert folks on Mon. Probably catching up on work stuff since I was gone for a few days on Tue.

Keep hearing rumors of a toy swap...see how I'm avoiding it :rofl::rofl:

Well, if this deal goes through, I am driving down to Crawfordsville to bring back 11 bottle calves. Holsteins, holstein/jersey cross and jersey calves. I am keeping 6 for us, as long as the guy drops off the cash tomorrow, his calves will be on the trailer also. Then, with 8 bottle calves in the barn, not doing much other than mixing milk and feeding calves for the next few weeks. Got to replace some calves lost and the cow.

Heading to a local classic car cruise night tonight. Unfortunately I don't have an old car to display . . . :(

Tomorrow I'm helping out Dad - replacing some ballasts in some flourescent lights in the basement. He's got a stock of t-12 bulbs so we don't want to switch out the fixtures to t-5 or t-8 's .

Monday will be going to a Independence Day parade in Chatham NJ.

Sometime this weekend I hope to get some shop time to build the cabinet pullouts for the kitchen. The hardware has been here over a week - just can't get motivated.

Happy Holiday's

Jim

I am heading out today for Canada day celebrations in our Town.

First my first swim of the summer, then on a school bus down to the festivities and oh boy what a fireworks display at around 10pm

Monday i will watch the Boston fireworks on TV.:D Fireworks + weakness for me.;)

Our youngest son, Glenn, arrived yesterday about 4:30. We have been yacking, looking at old photos, laughing our heads off, eating and, of course, we managed to work in a couple minutes of WW.

Glenn had me make a list of all of the To Do's. I knocked off a few of them over the past few days. Glenn took the rest of the list and fixed it so a lot of items got pencil lines drawn through them.

We played, "Where in the heck can we put a new bandsaw? What all do we have to move? Etc."

It is always a "crack-up" and productive time when Glenn is around.

Happy whatever holiday to all of you regardless of country of origin, religion, color, sex, the way you cut your hair, and all of the other things I forgot to mention.

Enjoy,

Jiml

Mostly working around the yard and shop. Might have the grandkids over to swim on Sunday after church. Much to do before next weekend - 1st wedding anniversary.:bounce::bliss: We have an entire week of activities planed.