Friday, holiday weeknd edition

well, we didn't pick up the siding, but instead we invested $400 in paint supplies for 2 bedrooms, plus the living room, utility room and bathroom. ONce all of that is applied the only room left in the house without 'recent' paint will be the kitchen, which is another story altogether.

Happy Fouth folks!! Since my wet sharpener showed up, I'll be spending some time with that. Had 4 pen orders that need to be cast and turned. Given the 103+ for the next 2000 years, we are going to be in the pool and sleeping under a sheet. I'm working on the 4th, but the big treat is that we head to the helipad and watch the firework shows from 3 blocks away and all over the valley:thumb:

It's been a year already:eek: WOW congrats my friend:thumb: for me I will figure something to do this weekend wood wise as I started a weeks vacation as of 5:30 today:D

I've got a quick 6-picture job Saturday morning, then it'll be house and yard stuff for the remainder of the day. Maybe some shop time in the evening if it cools off a bit. (Supposed to be 100º+ here this weekend.)

Sunday, LOML and I are taking a drive around LA to show her some of the places and sights I've seen over the past few months of running around rich neighborhoods. We'll start at the ArcLight Theater in Hollywood (where I'll show her one of our installations), hit the Hollywood Farmer's Market, then work our way from there through Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, then up the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu. From there, a scenic drive over the Santa Monica Mountains puts us in the San Fernando Valley, which is a pretty easy shot back to the house.

Monday, I may just have to go check out the local Sunland/Tujunga 4th of July parade. It's a truly small town affair with marching Cub Scouts and High School Drill Teams. The "Honorary Sheriff of Tujunga" is a member of my pool league team, and she'll be showing of her 1929 Ford.

Im sorry if I offended anyone with my original post here.
I took it down as my wife thought some might find it offensive.
It was posted as a joke only because I didnt think anyone would read it.(that being the point of the post)

watched the kid lay his laminate floor last night, we left, he finished at 1:30am, hes having a big bash tonight, bbq, movie night, and well all going to his house. Then Im hoping to make enough room in the garage to start some woodworking again.

Not doing too much this weekend. LOML is recovering from her reconstruction surgery from 10 days ago. I had a biopsy done last Friday and need to do some internet research to decide the best path to take. I do get Monday off!!! So that's a big plus!
We did some shopping this am, and will need to do some more tomorrow combined with a visit to one of our foster family's to exchange some medications. We will have to pick up a lot of dead fall from the high winds about 10 days ago since I didn't mow last weekend. HAVE to mow this weekend.
But I did spend about 1 1/2 hours in the shop this afternoon.
About 100 outside, 90 inside. I got a ZCI blank cut out for the TS. I have some Bondo curing right now to take care of a divot the bit put in it where the factory insert has a cutout. Not sure why the notch is there. I had to wrap 3 turns of electrical tape around the edge of the insert to get it to fit tight, 2 extra strips on the ends. It is a nice tight fit now. May work on that some more tomorrow. This first one will be my master, and I've got 5 more blanks ready to rout out. I think I have enough laminate scraps to do 3 or 4 of them. Will need to get some more hex socket screws for the leveling feet.
Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!! Jim.