Power problems with the new saw

Ah heck, who cares why, Band Saws are just a lot of fun to use... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Congrats on getting it up and running! :thumb:

Thanks Brent, Yea I am looking forward to getting some use of it. Of course the wife says that I am not allowed to use it tomorrow ( yea right) as she has plans for us. This is my 50th B-Day present from a very special lady that for some reason still loves me even though I make one heck of a lot of dust. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bandsaw or lady? :rofl::rofl::rofl: ( sorry scotch induced comment) :rofl:

Scotch or no, that's funny stuff right there. :p

Glad to see you got the wiring figured out. (I was worried when I saw your edited thread title.) Heck, I haven't had any classes on reading schematics since high school in the '70s, but I can still usually work my way through one. Shop tool wiring diagrams are pretty simple once you figure out that the factory used different wire colors than the guy writing the manual did. I ran into the same thing when I added the remote switch to my lathe. They were talking about black, white and green, and I think I had blue, yellow and red. :rolleyes:

Scotch or no, that's funny stuff right there. :p

Glad to see you got the wiring figured out. (I was worried when I saw your edited thread title.) Heck, I haven't had any classes on reading schematics since high school in the '70s, but I can still usually work my way through one. Shop tool wiring diagrams are pretty simple once you figure out that the factory used different wire colors than the guy writing the manual did. I ran into the same thing when I added the remote switch to my lathe. They were talking about black, white and green, and I think I had blue, yellow and red. :rolleyes:

I hear ya there Vaughn. Mine has the pic showing white, brown and blue and in reality the white is the yellow and the brown is the white and the blue is ... yep you guessed it Blue. :rofl: So had to go back into the mag switch box to figure what they had done. Just thankful I had the schematic. I just can't figure how it could have gotten disconected in the first place.

Things have changed a little since I took the course and the commador 64 is no longer around and neither are the old tube sets. Gee remember those? :eek: How about the 100 in one kits? Crystal radios? Geee I am getting old. :(:(:(:rofl:

I hear ya there Vaughn. Mine has the pic showing white, brown and blue and in reality the white is the yellow and the brown is the white and the blue is ... yep you guessed it Blue. :rofl: So had to go back into the mag switch box to figure what they had done. Just thankful I had the schematic. I just can't figure how it could have gotten disconected in the first place.

Things have changed a little since I took the course and the commador 64 is no longer around and neither are the old tube sets. Gee remember those? :eek: How about the 100 in one kits? Crystal radios? Geee I am getting old. :(:(:(:rofl:

Heath kits anyone?

Congratz on the saw!! You will get many years from that one!!

Excellent purchase Andrew. That is one upgrade I would like in my shop as well. The 14" 3/4 hp I have just doesn't quite do the job I wold like it to do. And a happy big five-0 birthday to ya. :wave:

Excellent purchase Andrew. That is one upgrade I would like in my shop as well. The 14" 3/4 hp I have just doesn't quite do the job I wold like it to do. And a happy big five-0 birthday to ya. :wave:

Thanks Alex. 50 only comes around once and your next. Janet tried to surprise me with some friends decorating our place while I was out but I came home early and surprised them, Janet has planned a big dinner Sunday and something planned today but she will not say what it is. one sister up from Australia and the other is down from Terrace as My nephew and his wife just had a little girl on the 20th. Yes I know it is not wood working but geez she is just so tiny and yes I did get the pic. :D:thumb: No name yet.

Oh yea about the saw :doh: I had been struggling with a small 10 inch for so long it was time to upgrade and my 50th was the perfect time. Next is ( and in order) a drum sander, floor model thickness planer and a new cabinet saw. Also a bigger shop. :thumb::rofl:

Attachments

• baby Crawford 007 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    baby Crawford 007 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 11
Drew happy birthday. Youngster:)

Btw fwiw my 100 in one kit is still working and in my basement. Along with my home made variable power supply Philips Electronic Envineers kit and Intel SDK 8085 development kit.:) :) :)

sent from my Atrix

Drew happy birthday. Youngster:)

Btw fwiw my 100 in one kit is still working and in my basement. Along with my home made variable power supply Philips Electronic Envineers kit and Intel SDK 8085 development kit.:) :) :)

sent from my Atrix

Thanks Rob. But I just don't feel like I though 50 would feel like. I am still feeling like 20 of course my body would tell a whole different story. :rofl::rofl:

I had the "100 in one kit" have no idea where it is now. It was fun on those rainy days but i still prefered my Lego. :thumb::thumb: