When will i ever learn

Rob Keeble

Dang every know and then i get an ounce of inspirational writing going, compile a post and submit and boom get the message your token has expired and boom lost is my post.

When will i learnt to use word and then post with copy and past.

Now to try and get those words back again.

Oh well i am so mad with myself right now i will have to go do something else for a while. This virtual world can be so frustrating.:bang::bang::bang::mad::eek::eek:

Rob, from the vBulletin support forums:

"If this problem is only happening to some people and cannot be reproduced, the probable cause is their browser cache. Have these users either try a different browser or clear their browser cache."

I've lost posts in the past, not with that error message, but with some kind of failure - communications, computer or VB software - enough times that if I'm doing a long post, I highlight it and hit "copy" (ctl-c on a PC) before I submit. If it goes, fine. If not, I have it on my clipboard.

I know how frustrating it can be - you can never go back and recreate exactly what you said originally.

Mike

I do what Mike does if I start rambling on and a post gets longer than I expect. If I am planning on being a bore (like when documenting a build) I use some word processor to wordsmith my stuff and then paste it in as you describe.

Thanks Vaughn that is exactly what i have now done. I think IE latest version is full of the usual MS bugs. But they caught me in a update acidently let it do it automatic.:(

Ok onto using google chorme again.

Mike thanks its not the first time and i usually do exactly that but in my enthusiasm to reply i busted myself by not sticking to my own rules.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you try your "back" button? Sometimes, not all the time, you will go back to your message entry page and you can copy then paste back into the newly opened message box after the token has been taken care of. I've had it both work and not work, but it's at least worth a try. Jim.

...Ok onto using google chorme again...

My biggest complaint with Chrome (when I tried it 6 or 7 months ago) was that I couldn't use <Ctrl>B to bold or <Ctrl>U to underline text in the vBulletin editor. I'm old school when it comes to word processing, so I'd rather use keyboard shortcuts where I can. Chrome didn't support the shortcuts that I do automatically.

Well if it is any consolation, I sent one to the wrong person once!:eek::doh:
Yep, it went to the prof I was complaining about, I eventually was removed from the class. :huh::eek:
Stuff happens.

Welcome to my world Jonathan. I was kicked out of high school chemistry class. I don't remember the details. However, the lady chem teacher said something about Liters and I piped up with something about rabbits. That created a direct route to the principal's office.

Actually they didn't kick me clear out of chemistry...I just was not allowed to attend class. Of course, being a teen aged snot, I did labs after school, studied the book and got a good grade. I guess I showed her...or was she smart enough to realize that a hyper-active boy needed a bit more challenge?

Enjoy,

Jim