What's your nemesis?

Getting started. I tend to want to have a every detail of a project nailed down before starting. Even then, I worry that something isn't quite right so I delay starting while I tweak the design. Classic paralysis by analysis.

Once I get started though, it's full steam ahead. :)

Mine has to be the tape measure. I can measure something multiple times and for some reason I can cut it short. I never add an inch either dang it I always take an inch off! I don't much care for hinges either.

Mine is the dog, he has habit of comeing into the shp sniffs around then he strikes. He has taken sandpaper, tape measures, screwdrivers almost anything he can grab when no one is looking:dunno: . You can always tell when he has found something to snag, becouse he takes off running out of the shop full speed up the stairs and to his bed. Then he hides them under our bed. The first time he did this it took me three days to find my tape measure. Know atleast I know where to look.
Al

working while others are there

mine would be being able to do what i was at when someone shows up to visit.. i usually just hang it up and visit.. i just feel i am being rude and i really cant have them help, its my mistake i am building not there's:D

For me it is planing end grain and shoulders. It seems I can't get a really tight fit or I get tearoff. Followed by doing anything free handed on the router table without the fence I always feel like I'm going to gouge the work or myself.

BTW 90 degree angles are WAY over rated! :D

I guess I have to agree with Jesse Cloud. Glue-ups never come out the same way as the dry fit :rolleyes: . Then again I have to agree
with Jim Young about trying to picture things :huh: . I guess I have no imagination. But then you know I really agree with Bill Lantry.
Just one 90 degree cut would be a wonderful thing. If I could get one cut right I could call my self a woodworker instead of a sawdust maker.:bang: :bang: