G&G Styled Frame

glenn bradley

Built to fit the original wedding invitation and a picture of the happy couple. I dug through the scrap bin which is always a great source for small parts. Getting the right sized pieces in matching characteristics is sometimes not so easy.

The parts are farther along than the pictures represent; the template routing came last before the dry fit . . . Resaw and mill the parts. A bit of figured walnut here for the detail pieces.

frame-D-D-a.jpgframe-D-D-b.jpg

Some scrap ply for a template. I use the Mortise Pal as usual for this type of joint.

frame-D-D-c.jpgframe-D-D-d.jpg

Template route the upper and lower rails and use the tenoning jig for the slots to receive the details.

frame-D-D-e.jpgframe-D-D-f.jpg

And here a dry fit and the SU.

frame-D-D-g.jpg frame-D-D-su.jpg

I have to run off to a BBQ but I will try to get the details shaped and get 'er into the clamps by tomorrow evening.

Hey Glenn, after all these G&G projects you may apply for a conservator job at the Gamble house, I'm sure that you'd do it far better than the "so-so" jobs we saw when visiting it during the tour.

Making a G&G style picture frame is another thing on my " to do " list, but I can't understand why it keeps growing and growing:( I believe it has something to do with the speed I add things up and the sloweness I make projects.:(

Pretty frames Glenn, I look forward to see them finished:thumb:

That's outstanding Glenn! The walnut is beautiful. That curly is something else.:thumb: I used to not care for walnut, but the more I use it the more I like it. The subtle hues in the wood is something else.

Finished

Well the other tasks kept getting delayed so here is the Wedding Frame set to go. All we had was a poor cellphone picture so I doctored it up with a little comedy to inspire the happy couple to put a decent shot in it.

The slot machine card on the left is their Wedding Invitation as sent out to us attendees. Yes, the wedding was June of last year :eek:. Among other things that you can't red in the pic, the invitation says "We Hit the Jackpot". Needless to say, the wedding was in Vegas ;-)

Attachments

• D&D-finished-2.jpg
    D&D-finished-2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 17
  • D&D-finished-back.jpg
    D&D-finished-back.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 15
  • D&D-finished-1.jpg
    D&D-finished-1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: