A Baron pen, a Cigar pen, and a Big Honkin pen!

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
attachment.php

This is a Baron Rollerball with Black Titanium plating turned from Desert Ironwood from the Sonoma Desert in AZ. DI is fast becoming one of my favourite woods to turn. As hard and dense as it is (heavier than water), it turns like a dream. The dust makes me sneeeeze like crazy.

The DI was sanded to 600 grit parallel to itself, then buffed with Formax buffing compounds. A layer of Carnuba wax was buffed on. No further finish required; the oils in the wood provide it with a nice warm to the touch feeling. A gentle rubdown every so often will return its natural glow.

attachment.php

This is a Cigar Ballpoint plated in Titanium Gold, turned from a casting by a fellow on IAP.

I used the Woodchuck 4" rad. carbide cutter to turn, then sanded from 400 to 600 grit parallel to the ways of the lathe, followed by a rubdown with 0000 steel wool. FLITZ Metal Polish and Fibreglass Cleaner was followed by Meguiar's PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish.

attachment.php

This is a big honker called a Panache. It's a Rollerball in Black Chrome. The wood turned is from a Black Cherry Burl. The finish is 6 coats of thin CA buffed with my Formax Buffing Compounds followed with a coat of Carnuba wax.