Show Me Your Hand Tool Storage!!!

This should be a good one.

Nothing makes a room look more like a woodworking shop than to have a wall full of chisels, planes, saws & scrapers.

Do you keep yours in a cabinet or attached to pegboard?

In a drawer under your bench or nailed to the wall?

How do you store your hand tools? I wanna see pics!!!

If you already have a thread dedicated to yours, please post a link!

I am of the why put lots of money and work into a work bench crowd. So it's nothing fancy but it works.

The Obligatory 'My Bench' page Every woodworkers site is supposed to have a My Bench page and that is where I store my tools. I have never built the bottom drawer for it cause I ran out of wood. One of these days I will do that and I plan on adding a couple of sliding shelves inside the drawer. I have a neat idea, just having more fun making real furniture than building shop furniture. So it's low on the list.

Jeff

ok so heres what i did :D it is 4'x4' and bolted to the studs:D

maybe this will give you an idea :rofl: really don't do it !! i dont know what i was thinking :doh:

Attachments

• poplar tool cabinet full.jpg
    poplar tool cabinet full.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 143
I keep a few planes and scrapers close at hand...

DSCN0157.JPG

I keep a few planes and scrapers close at hand...

DSCN0157.JPG

That deserves one big You Suck statement. Of course I only mean that jokingly. Nice storage system and collection of hand tools I might add. Here is my low cost, but organizational system for my most often used hand tools.

Radial_Arm_Saw_Light-454x336.jpg

I drool every time I see Jim D's hand tool cabinet:thumb:

I really don't have a dedicated space, hand tool cabinet.

I have a couple of upper kitchen cabs I made [wrong size] that I hung up for my user type 13 planes.

I have planes stored on shelving, and in the shop restroom:eek:

I have an old spool cabinet I keep my collection of Buck socket chisels in, some refurbished with walnut handles, and some ready to restore.

I have chisels on my main storage cabinet top .Stanleys, my main beaters.

I have a set of new/old stock Buck crank neck chisels that have not found a parking space yet.
And lastly, my mechanical hand tools I've had forever. [My wife calls this red box---our Gold mine:eek: :huh: :D ]
This set stays in my automotive shop section, which is still a disaster zone. I used this space to store shop machinery and supplies when my shop roof fell in. I peek in there every once in a while, but haven't spent much time cleaning it up, organizing, so I can get our crown vic back inside.

Last edited: