Friday 7/8 Edition

Bob,

Do I detect a bit of canivery (heck, I cannot come close enough to spelling it to even find it in the dictionary) in the dish breaking and laundry sorting???

If so, enjoy life while you can.

Enjoy,

Jim

Talk about .50 cent words :eek::eek::D
For what she has done for me the past 40 years the least I can do is smile while I handle a couple of months of cooking, dishes, laundry, gardening, dusting, grocery shopping, dog walking, babysitting, bathroom cleaning, floor washing, window washing, lawn mowing, car washing, bill paying, vacuuming, oven cleaning, dog washing, recipe searching.............If I start watching soap operas someone please shoot me.:rofl::rofl:

[...] Do I detect a bit of canivery (heck, I cannot come close enough to spelling it to even find it in the dictionary) [...]

This is what a con man (a conniver) is guilty of ... therefore connivery. :thumb:

See also connive. (Accent is on the second syllable, like survive.)

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

EDIT: I was just now down in my shop, vacuuming out an air filter ... when I realized that I was giving out not-quite-correct information again. While I would say that a con man is guilty of connivery, that's not where the con in con man comes from.

The term con man is actually short for "confidence man" ... someone who runs a "confidence game" or a confidence trick. Sorry for the mental lapse ... I wonder if I might have vacuumed up a marble or two? :doh:

Last edited: