Iphone DSLR

Talk about a silk purse from a sow's ear :eek:

I'm not doubting it works, but man alive....... :huh::dunno:

I thought the same thing...I would think most with a lens would already have the real camera body. :dunno: I guess this would be lighter than carrying a camera body with you, but not sure it will be a big hit.

[CURMUDGEONMODE]
Interesting Gadget.

I've got a gadget that lets me do something similar with a spotting scope and a point and shoot camera. It works 'ok', but not all that great.

The thing I'm thinking is that the big advantage of having a camera on your phone is that you've always got your phone with you, so you can take pictures pretty much anytime.

If you have a big DSLR lens like than, then you probably already have the camera, and if you were going to tote something that big around, why not just tote the camera body with it to be able to take advantage of the auto focus and all the other stuff the dslr does with the lense?

So, to sum up, all the bulk of a dslr without all the features!
[/CURMUDGEONMODE]

:D

I thought the same thing...I would think most with a lens would already have the real camera body. :dunno: I guess this would be lighter than carrying a camera body with you, but not sure it will be a big hit.

The only way I can see it making sense is if this is for SLR lenses, as in ones that don't work on a modern motorized camera body. :dunno:

If you had a box full of lenses that only work on a film camera, and these could be used with your iPhone and the $249 adapter, then well, I guess I could see it....... not for me, but for others maybe?

Looks like a well made piece of kit, and it should be for that kind of money :D

[CURMUDGEONMODE] ;)
[/CURMUDGEONMODE]

Curmudgeonness aside, I used to have a phone, an ipod touch, a camera, and a GPS navigation system. ;)

Now I've just got a phone. Who wants an ipod touch anymore? I play MP3s and videos off my phone, I can even plug my phone into my car's stereo system and listen while I drive. I loved my GPS, but she sits unused in my glove compartment. Why would anyone even buy a GPS anymore? The nav system on my phone is better, and always up to date.

With something like this, it looks like it's over for every camera company. When the sensors on phones get better (and they will, quickly), there won't be any point to carrying around a DSLR camera body.

It's really odd that phones are turning into general purpose computers. Guess we should have seen it coming... :dunno:

Thanks,

Bill

I'll tell you who wants an iTouch, my soon to be 6yr old daughter! A friend got one as a hammidown from her dad who got an iPhone and now she wants the same for birthday next week...she'd have a lot of fun with it, but I can't justify the cost for that age...:huh: