Bowl blanks galore

Hey Vaughn, Isn't a clean shop the sign of a disturbed mind or something like that? I am going to get a cyclone going pretty soon. It's at the top of the 'to purchase' list. Just got to sell some more pens or something. Besides I already cleaned up that mess........oh but I made another one tonight.

Maid, of course!

Vaughn, I do actually have a maid or two around. They tend to follow in dear 'ole dad's footsteps. (making messes) This is Catherine, age 6 who is busy with the anchor seal brush. She also breaks pen kits down for big orders. I have to fight some of them off to get lathe time sometimes.:thumb:

Attachments

• im001154rz.jpg
    im001154rz.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 42
Paul, that is such a lovely mess you have going there!! :thumb:

Great to have the kids help out eh?

You should be making a huge pile of curlies soon too! :D

Keep posting them pics!

Cheers!

If I remember correctly almost all of the bowl blanks are red stain boxelder. There are probably a few walnut blocks in there also.
My father-in-law gave me a real nice hard maple burl log last fall. i am going to saw that one up soon. Also I will try to remember to take the camera out to the woods I'm currently cutting in, there is a maple with 40+ burls on it that looks like it's almost dead. I hope the landowner isn't attached to this tree as I think it needs to find a new home in my wood shop. ;)

Paul, I am happy to say that your shop is even messier than mine is! :D Regarding the maid, I have three of them - young maids we have called them for years and years. Cleaning out the shop for me was an opportunity for each of them to drive the tractor. The shine wore off for the older two when the got their driver's licenses, but I still have a 14 year old who will shovel out the shop if I let her drive the tractor to haul the shavings and scraps to the mulch pile.

Hey Paul, got anymore of that birdseye Maple with powder post beetle holes blanks?

Makes for a nice bowl.

someday I'm gonna get up and visit you and your "mess".