Sums up my week

Yeah, I watched that over and over and decided that the dog was actually biting at the kid's head/face. Wonder what a shock collar in that water would do for that dog? In all reality, my dog, I would use Steve's solution.

this is why I always feel like an outsider here.

A dog will always be a dog and needs to be trained.

The boys parents, or whatever adult was filming that and let it continue, now thats where I SEE the real problem.
lemme be clear, if the kid is getting hurt, and its not playing around.

Last edited:
Gee sorry folks, Guess I'm the black sheep of the family...I found/find it humorous and why I posted it in relation to my week!
♫ I get knocked down, but I get up again, your never gonna keep me down ♪....:thumb:

Im with you Ken that gif is hilarious! And although the dog is using his mouth he is clearly playing with the kid albeit quite roughly but still playing.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have a husky that is a complete love bug but when she plays.... watch out. I have more black and blues from rough housing with her between using her teeth as a club (she will never bite down) or actually punching with her front paws.. ouch my ribs. but as soon as I say it hurts or stop she does. then I go in the corner and cry..... lol

:rofl:

I agree with Rich. I think the dog's playing. It looks like it's still a pup, playing tag like dogs do with one another. It's also a retriever that's genetically inclined to soft-mouth things and not bite down. Still might be tagging the kid unintentionally with teeth though, and definitely playing too rough for a kid that size. I've had big dogs that liked to roughhouse, but they also knew to stop when I said stop. (I simply won't let my big dogs romp around with kids at all, though. Too many things can go wrong. With a kid that size around, I'd have my dogs on a leash, but then again, my dogs don't meet a lot of kids that size.) In the case of this little video, I suspect those two hits were the extent of the action. What we don't see is what happened to the dog (or the kid) one or two seconds later.

But I can also relate to Ken's sentiments, and see the humor in the video. I've had lots of weeks where I felt like that kid. :p

might be funny, that was my first reaction, but if you watch that dog is pretty hefty, and hes moving, and leaps in the air with enough force to knock the kid down only by what seems mouthing his face and a bit of body.
The kid looks a bit dazed, and then the dog again hits him hard enough in the head area to flatten him out again.
playing or not, getting decked like that seems like hes taking shots to the head like a prize fighter.

I do understand the get knocked down, just get up, and get up again.

yeah, that kid stood up dazed, and then got tagged hard the second time, never saw that right hook coming.

Gotta give the little kid credit. He keeps getting up :thumb:

It looks to me like the dog is still pretty young and is just having fun. He hasn't learned yet that he can't play so rough with children. The person taking the picture needs a dope slap though. Put down the camera and help your kid.

The boys parents, or whatever adult was filming that and let it continue, now thats where I SEE the real problem.

Allen has a point...

After watching it over and over, I think it's funny and the kid doesn't really appear to be hurt. (Seems to be "glancing blows" by the dog, to me)

But if it was happening live, I can see myself seeing the first hit and having that split second of concern that my kid is okay, and dropping or at least lowering or jerking the camera... but it stays pretty steady. :dunno::huh:
Tripod?

Oh well, now I'm over thinking it! :rolleyes:

Happy Friday anyway!