Music Box

Two words Charles.....Beautifull and heirloom. I would think that will be around for ever. Such a well thought out and executed project. Did you make the bear from plans or out of your own design? I think my mom would love one of those she loves bears.
Well done Charles.

sent from my Atrix

This side of awesome. She will definitely keep that forever. Did you have plans! Would a little boy like that? I have a new grandson. May be if I could make one with Winnie the Poo bear on it... I'd need plans.

Ya, know, the more I look at what Charles did the more impressed I am. Charles was kind enough to send me a copy of the plans. I looked at them and saw little things I would change, like I said I want it to look somewhat more like Pooh bear, but it calls for buying small wood balls for balloons. I didn't like that because blown up balloons are not shaped like round balls. I see Charles did it correctly and must has turned them to the real shape of a balloon. Also the rug Charles' bear is sitting on is much much better than the plans. You simply did a fantastic job Charles.

Charles, did you turn the base parts on the lathe? I want to turn all I can on the lathe.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment Paul, yes I did turn the balloons, and the base parts on the lathe. I didn't like the round ball idea on the plan, I would have liked smaller dowels to use for the strings, but I thought that they wouldn't hold up for a three year old.
Charles

Last edited: