Made a new friend at the BBQ

Rob Keeble

Had the great pleasure of meeting this character on the weekedn at a BBQ.

Odin sitting reduced.jpg

Now this is what i call a dog.:thumb::thumb::rofl:

Odin marmaduke look reduced.jpg Odin lying down reduced.jpg

I could not leave him alone, what a tremendous nature and personality.

Should have seen how gentle he was with a tiny lap dog. He dropped to the ground flat as a pancake and let the little one come on right up to his nose and sniff not an ounce of negative reaction.

Was real fun playing with this guy. He really battled in the heat though.

My brother used to have 2 of them, both as friendly as can be, so much you could not be by them cause their tail waggin' was like a whip when they hit you:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Always been a fan of the Great Danes. I've only encountered on that was vicious. When I was a kid, I road my bike past a house and one ran out at me. I stood up to try to pedal faster and he nailed me right in the butt! One half of my butt was black and blue! He didn't even have to jump up to bite me! I survived, didn't even have to go to counseling or the hospital.:rofl: Just hurt bad! Little hard to sit for a few days. :rolleyes: I detoured around that house from then on. He may have though we were playing, who knows. Some friends had one, when you visited he would back up to the couch and sit beside you, just like a person.

Uh-oh...Rob's gonna start looking for a new dog. :p The NN won't let him have a horse, so this is the next best thing. :D

All of the Great Danes I've met have been as you described, Rob. Great guys, although as Tom mentioned, the tail can do some damage. (Like cleaning everything off a coffee table by just turning around.)

Vaughn you are a genius. I think this could be a great idea. Get to dog sit Odin for the weekend. That would have nn really running scared next time he is mouthing off cuss words at me when i step out my front door. :)

sent from my Atrix

Not to mention the deposits you could encourage him to leave at the NN's house. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Another gentle giant is the Irish Wolfhound. We see them at the Celtic Festival every year. It's hard to imagine them chasing down prey, they seem so docile. Jim.

Not to mention the deposits you could encourage him to leave at the NN's house. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Another gentle giant is the Irish Wolfhound. We see them at the Celtic Festival every year. It's hard to imagine them chasing down prey, they seem so docile. Jim.

It's an old photo, but meet Angus, a Irish Wolfhound who belonged to a good friend of mine:

attachment.php

He's halfway sitting down in the picture, so his full height isn't apparent. He was 10' long from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail, and about 180 pounds. His shoulders hit about an inch below my belt. Ugly as sin, but the sweetest dog you could hope to meet. I was at his side when my friend had to put him down. She and I both cried like babies.

And for the NN, his "droppings" were bigger than some dogs are. :p

Attachments

• vaughn and angus LR.jpg
    vaughn and angus LR.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 38