Anyone on Google+ ?

no worse than most networks, still in its infancy... if they can manage to not get all of the crud that plagues facebook, ie keep it simple and people buy in, it will work. They use circles vs 'groups', but once you log in, there is a place to see what others have posted, what you've posted etc... they use Picassa for photo hosting (essentially re-using existing infrastructure on their servers). It is a re-use of much of what Google does well. It also has typical google targeted ads... which I suppose you can't get away from.

I am impressed so far. LOVE the circles. Now I can share that with whom I want and not everyone.

I just joined with a bunch of woodworkers I don't know and I can communicate with them and none of my other friends see it (if I am doing it right). I can talk with my close friends and my woodworking circle doesn't see my posts to friends. I would never freinded all these people but the circles are great.

As Ned sorta said, it's rough around the edges and not exactly obvious but the more I learn the more I like it. Anxious to set up one for my business too.

edit... ads... none that I can see... and it seamlessly integrates with my Google page that Is bookmarked on every one of my computers. there is a 'Ned+' tab, which opens up the Google+ page. Simple interface, and easy to use. Have to see what 'content' they build for it, but seems to be a no-brainer way to social network without a lot of the fluff and nonsense so far.

Good tips guys, Keep em coming.

So far I haven't played with it much, and I'll admit, I didn't see the uses for circles that you guys did. :thumb:

It takes time to learn how to use it. I was not impressed at first but I am slowly starting to understand it. But I still send post to everyone that I don't mean too.

The thing I am liking the most is the Circles. I set up a woodworking circle and there are a lot of guys I have no idea who are that are in my circle. I know one fellow in there that was trying to set this up so I joined in. So far I have removed one fellow that wasted my time posting none woodworking stuff. The rest of the group seems to be into woodworking and that's great. I would have never friended all this people on Facebook because I could didn't have the control I have here.

It's nice that I can filter them out and read it when I want and I can only post things to the woodworking circle that is woodworking related. The more I see and learn the more I like the idea.

I'm there, getting used to the layout.

One big issue for me is the calendar. Having not been happy with the way my iPhone handles my outlook calendar, and ignores tasks, I thought I'd give the Google calendar a try. I set up the sync for two way figuring I'd ween myself off Outlook over time if the Google thing worked out. So far I have installed the sync tool three times and gone through the set up. The sync window tells me it is syncing over 700 items, but NOTHING shows up in my Google calendar!! :bang::bang:What am I doing wrong?:huh::dunno:

Read a review about Google+ this a.m. Supports the positive comments here. Only problem :( I just don't need another thing to visit and spend time on at the 'puter. Do way too much now. Will have to let this idea simmer for a bit before I take a look.