Something Stinks Around Here

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
About 1:30 this morning, I let the dogs out back for their bedtime bathroom break and so I could start getting ready to hit the showers myself. Shortly after that, I heard Sunny, the newest dog, barking at something. Then shortly after that, I smelled a skunk. So I let the dogs in. And I smelled the skunk even stronger. Stupid knucklehead went and got himself sprayed. I really was not planning to give the dog a 2:00 AM bath, but sometimes you do what you've gotta do. We didn't have any tomato juice handy, but a couple of cans of tomato sauce seemed to help.

On the plus side, he likes the bathtub. Knucklehead. :rolleyes:

attachment.php

Anybody wanna buy a slightly used, low mileage dog? :p

Attachments

• Tub Boy 3 - 800.jpg
    Tub Boy 3 - 800.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 131
Actually, that pic was taken a few weeks ago. He likes to hang out in the tub in LOML's bathroom. Of course, he gets bathed in my bathroom. :doh: And I must say, my shower tonight was not quite as refreshing as it usually is. :rolleyes:

I had one that got sprayed in the past. He didn't look that happy. He was pretty much begging for a bath. I had to finally toss out the shorts and t-shirt I was wearing after that, just couldnt' get rid of the smell.

Been there, done that!

If you've got a dog, you NEED to have three ingredients on hand at all times.

1 quart of Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup of Baking Soda
1 tsp. of dawn dish soap

Mix this up, and lather your dog (or you!) up. Let stand. Rinse very, very well.

No tomato juice needed! I've used this and it works. But try to do it outside and don't bring the dog in the house if at all possible. Last September I let Smokey out at about 7:00 a.m. A few minutes later I heard barking and went to the side door to see what he was up to. He was jumping around and going nuts. I smelled skunk big time but my first reaction was to get him in the house before he got sprayed. I opened the door and let him in. As soon as I unhooked his lead, he bolted off into the house and was running around like crazy. Almost instantly I realized that he'd already been sprayed and it was too late. The whole house smelled like skunk!!! I got him back outside ASAP. Luckily I have a laundry tub right by the side door and I have a short ten foot garden hose. I hooked the hose up to the faucet of the laundry tub and gathered the above ingredients and made up a batch. I did it twice and it worked pretty well.

Good luck!

John

Sounds like Sunny had fun! Not so much for you though...

For all the years we've had dogs, we've been lucky and have avoided this ... (Knock on wood)...

Sounds like Sunny had fun! Not so much for you though...

For all the years we've had dogs, we've been lucky and have avoided this ... (Knock on wood)...

Famous last words right up there with:
1) Hey everybody watch this!
2) I wonder what this switch does....
3) Do I look fat in this?

:) :)

wait a minute, fill this city boy in.
Your dog got spritzed by a skunk and you mix up a puppy marinara to get rid of the smell?
Cant ya just tie him on his leash to a fence and spray him down with the power washer with a weak jet that wont hurt him? Maybe spray a little soap on him?