Take me back to the '60's!

Well I lived through the 50's and 60's at a young age. I liked the 50's better. The 60's had a lot of turmoil. And the music was even better in the 50's. A lot of things in that video was started in the 50's. We all seem to like our own era the best.

Last edited:
Paul.......I'd argue that one....I was so tired of playing Johnny B. Goode at dances.....The Beatles and the British Invasion was a welcome relief to the bands in which I played. Too much of the 50's and early 60's music really needed horns or an orchestra to do right, IMHO.

Boy, did that bring back memories. THANK YOU!!!

It is a coincidence, however I was wondering the other day---"When did we lose our innocence?" Seeing this video, I seem to have an answer.

I am a great believer in innovation, invention, and all of the things that give us our modern world. However, I sure wish we had our old moral, honor and integrity values.

Thanks again and

Enjoy,

Jim

I was in elementary school starting in about 1962, so I have recollections of a lot of the stuff shown. My real formative years were the '70s...that's the decade that really shaped me.

Now what was that old saying... If you can remember the 60's you were not there. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I was fortunate to have been born in 61 and I remember lots of that stuff as it shaped my life. Strong values back then as compared to what the kids of today are being grown with. :eek::thumb:

I was born in '64. My memories start later in the decade. Funny how many memories that slide show brings back. The old shows, "new" inventions.
Morals! We have fallen so far as a society, I feel like that Indian chief in the anti litter commercial sometimes when I see what has happened to us since then.
Great find!!

I have the radio my Dad played once in a while out in the shop it is if I remember right a Zenith or maybe a GE, battery powered AM only won in a drawing from Wolf appliance The entry's were tumbled in a dryer before the drawing. Oh & it still works.

They tell me I'm from the boomer generation.