Hot enough for ya?

A friend has this posted on her facebook:

I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that 1.) it isn't 115+ degrees 2.) I'm not 7,200 miles from home 3.) I'm not dressed in ACUs and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs. and 4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! Thanks to all who serve in our fine military! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!! Repost if you agree!

As hot as it is here someone has it worse......

A friend has this posted on her facebook:

I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that 1.) it isn't 115+ degrees 2.) I'm not 7,200 miles from home 3.) I'm not dressed in ACUs and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs. and 4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! Thanks to all who serve in our fine military! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!! Repost if you agree!

As hot as it is here someone has it worse......

Amen!

Yesterday at 12:30PM, it was 94 degrees in Peoria, Illinois. I had to go to the hospital for some pre-surgery tests.

As I sat outside waiting for my car, I was thinking about the heat. I don't know why, but the heat felt good.

It reminded me of the summers growing up, before we got Air Conditioning.( We moved into a New home in 1959 that had it.) I was 17 and it was my senior year.

We really enjoyed those days.

Bruce

Growing up in the high desert in So Cal, we only had swamp (evaporative) coolers. The hotter it got, the colder the air coming out got. I'd have to wear a sweatshirt in the house when it was 110 outside.

We have a swamp cooler her up in Reno as well. Fortunately we are still under the 90's and with relatively no humidity, not suffering like the rest of the country.

Stay cool...go to the movies.

Everything is relative. It may be 90 degrees out, but in Nevada, you get out of the pool, the evaporative cooling kicks in and goose bumps start rising. I guess we are fortunate in that we only have to run the swamp cooler about 3 weeks total over the course of the summer.

This is true... we moved to Tucson back in June '94... when we left Houston the temp was about 90... we arrived in Tucson it was 106... humidity in Houston was 98%.... humidity in Tucson was 9%.... it actually felt cooler in Tucson than in Houston. My stepson helped us move and drove one of the vehicles out...he helped unload and stayed a week with us... when he got back to Houston, he lasted another week... he said it was like trying to breathe underwater... he moved to Tucson two weeks later.