Coffee anyone

When I drink coffee it is black. But most of the time, I drink it so infrequently, coffee for me is the same as a laxative. Hot with one ice cube to cool it.
Used to drink it regularly with my dad when we went to the truck stop for Sunday morning breakfast. Their coffee was black and strong. Dad one time cut off a spoon and took that handle in with him, when the waitress came by dad was stirring his coffee and told her it was stronger than normal and when he lifted the spoon minus the spoon she was :eek::eek::eek::eek: . It was a good joke!!!
Better than the one in the waffle house where he put his ratty old toy mouse under the cup. When that waitress "flipped" the cup over she screamed, threw the cup one direction, the pot another (on our table, maybe at the mouse) and man were we scrambling to get out of that booth!!!! Mouse was quietly put back in his pocket and people were sure watching the floor during their breakfast that day!!!!!!!!!

BLACK - Dark Roasted, French or Expresso.

I drink 10~12 cups a day.

Usually have the last cup around 9:00 or 9:30 PM, and still don't have any trouble sleeping. Whoever said coffee keeps you awake hadn't met me.

When I drink coffee it is black. But most of the time, I drink it so infrequently, coffee for me is the same as a laxative. Hot with one ice cube to cool it.
Used to drink it regularly with my dad when we went to the truck stop for Sunday morning breakfast. Their coffee was black and strong. Dad one time cut off a spoon and took that handle in with him, when the waitress came by dad was stirring his coffee and told her it was stronger than normal and when he lifted the spoon minus the spoon she was :eek::eek::eek::eek: . It was a good joke!!!
Better than the one in the waffle house where he put his ratty old toy mouse under the cup. When that waitress "flipped" the cup over she screamed, threw the cup one direction, the pot another (on our table, maybe at the mouse) and man were we scrambling to get out of that booth!!!! Mouse was quietly put back in his pocket and people were sure watching the floor during their breakfast that day!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like there was not much need for caffeine with you dad around :thumb: :rofl::rofl:

2 cups hot everyday and an ice from double d's:thumb::thumb:
Now Dave if you think you can your going to have to drive on up here and take my man card. All of them cups are extra cream extra sugar the only way to drink coffee.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Only a real man can handle that much sugar in one sitting:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ya but can your wife handle you after all that suger:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb:

When I busted my back falling down a flight of 14 steeps I had 2 cups of hot black coffee, not sure what happed to them when I hit the bottom step. But I remeber I was so pumped up I ran around the inside perimeter of the old house a dozen times or more. Then ended up in traction for 3 weeks. The doc said I did good running around, why I have no clue. But the caffeine buzz must have been intense Back then it was 2 pots of black in the morning, people would look at me weird and I would reply, I'm an old speed freak give me a break. LOL Now one cup a day is enough. It don't really matter what kind but mostly 7/11

Last edited:
I learned to drink my coffee black in the Army. It was awful coffee. I learned to tolerate it for the boost it gave me first thing in the morning. It also helped wash the bad food down along with the hot sauce. I got married the first time. Coffee got better but the food got worse.
I drank some fresh ground coffee one time and was hooked. If we went to the field I would take some coffee that I ground and make coffee on a little Whisper stove with a small coffee pot. If I didn't have time to make coffee I would go over to the mess tent and grab a cup. I use a lot of sugar and a little creamer. I can drink coffee black if I have to. I would rather have it black than none at all. I suck if I don't have my coffee.