We're frying here, folks

Bill Lantry

Weather.com says it's 106 here, just outside your nation's capital. I've lived here 14 years, and never seen anything like this. These are Santa Ana temperatures, only plus the humidity.

All the time I spent in Houston, or Mobile, or anywhere along the Gulf Coast, it never got this hot. No thunderstorms in sight to cool us down. Please send large cubes of ice! ;)

It's so bad, Doorlink closed all the windows and turned on the air conditioner. Thank goodness, because otherwise I'd be using fans to try to cool the house. With the outside air at 106! :eek:

Thanks,

Bill

yeah, its not getting better here either.
when I woke up today, the upstairs ac has a temp reading on the outside, it said 69.
The ac has been running, both of them upstairs all day and now the temp reading is 76.
The problem like always is the humidity. ACs just stop working after a while it seems.

It's not near as hot here. The temps have been running in the mid to upper 90's, but my BIL's mom and dad are up from Florida and they are complaining about how hot it is here compared to FL. Go figure.

What a difference 6 months makes. - 21°F to + 113°F. And since the heat doesn't seem to be changing patterns any time soon I decided to take advantage and cook in the crock pot outdoors. If one sets the pot out a few minutes in advance it pre-heats to about 160°. Those BTUs would have been welcome indoors in Feb. but not now.:D

Attachments

• Temp minus -21 degrees 2-10-2011.JPG
    Temp minus -21 degrees 2-10-2011.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 6
  • temp - 113 - 7-27-11.JPG
    temp - 113 - 7-27-11.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Crock 165 degrees.JPG
    Crock 165 degrees.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 7