Three Months after the Tsunami

a whole lotta just 'get r done" attitude there...kudos to those with that kind of determination. :thumb:

That third set of 'before & after' photo's blows my mind...how such devastation can completely annihilate buildings and what-not in it's way, and yet the trees and shrubbery remain in what seems, untouched...mother nature sure is something!

That's a whole lot of picking it up and putting it somewhere else. Both by the Tsunami and the folks after the fact. Definitely inspirational. :thumb: :thumb:

Kyle, Thanks for posting that. They sure are doing a bang-up job over there. Although we didn't get to see that area, the pictures sure tell the story.

I am curious. Have the Japanese been takng advantage of all that burnable rubble to make steam to power some turbine generators (you know, like we do @ H-Power here on Oahu) making some much needed electric power for the people and industry?

Hope all is well with you.

Aloha, Tony

Want to see something even more amazing? That second shot of the Shinto Shrine Gate. Look at these 2 pictures and tell me this is different.

Nagasaki 1945, after the atomic bomb Nagasaki 1945.gif

Nagasaki2011, following earthquake and tsunami Nagasaki 2011.gif

I'll paraphrase what the caption was following these pictures in the email I got them from: What in the world is this thing made out of???????

Now in all fairness, I don't know if the date on the first picture is true. But it looks similar enough from the post Tsunami one to be accurate. Jim.

Last edited: