My excitement for the day!

Jim O'Dell

I'm taking today and Friday off to make a long weekend. So I had time to spend to try to get the electrical turned on. Took about 3 phone calls and I'm scheduled for next Wed. (11/15) for hook up!!!!! Sure wish I could have found the time last week to get the ball rolling and they could have done it today. :(:( But, Next week will be ok. I'll have power to the shop when my parents come for Thanksgiving Day so I can show it off to my Dad. I did a little vacuuming this am to get the wood and PVC dust and chips off the floor. Need to get out there this afternoon and hook the flex hose up to the TS. Still waiting for my 4" hose to be shipped (BO), then I can hook up the BS and clean it up. I bet I have time to do the clean up tomorrow, maybe some today. This is the Mini Max E16 I got the special introductory offer on a year and a half ago, that's never had the shipping goo cleaned off of it!:eek: Thinking about getting a pallet of the waste wood from Lumber Liquidators to use to learn to resaw with. Also thinking of using that wood to cover the walls with. If it's 4/4 wood, which it may not be, resaw to 2/4, then plane down to 3/8", and cut probably ship lap joints, maybe tongue and groove, and mount on 45 degree diagonal on the studs. I know the pallets from LL is mixed species, but I think that might be interesting. Maybe use the darker woods for trim and accent when possible. May use it on the ceiling as well. Stain it or paint it white. Only about 60-65% of the ceiling will need to be covered because of the fluorescent lighting reflectors and the tunnel for my ductwork. (I'll post some pictures for a shop tour this weekend to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about)
Anyway, I'm a happy camper today!!! Jim.

Thanks guys.
Stu, it's not pallet wood, but a pallet of wood. These are the shorts and end pieces and probably knotty woods they can't make flooring or other products out of. I've heard that at times there are even some pieces of exotics mixed in. Now your warning still holds true, but it's not breaking down pallet material bad, I hope!
Oh, and Stu, since you've shown me yours, I'll show you my....electrical hook up. :D:D This weekend, I promise. I may get pictures this afternoon, as I'm wiping out my to do list quicker than normal. Jim.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
Stu, it's not pallet wood, but a pallet of wood. These are the shorts and end pieces and probably knotty woods they can't make flooring or other products out of. I've heard that at times there are even some pieces of exotics mixed in. Now your warning still holds true, but it's not breaking down pallet material bad, I hope!
Oh, and Stu, since you've shown me yours, I'll show you my....electrical hook up. :D:D This weekend, I promise. I may get pictures this afternoon, as I'm wiping out my to do list quicker than normal. Jim.

That is good to hear it's a Pallet of wood, not Pallet wood!!

You actually remove stuff from your honey to do list..........:eek:

How the heck do you do that? :confused:

For me, if I finish one thing, it just morphs into another, like this....

More towel racks for bath towels > DONE > becomes Hanger for floor mats >DONE> becomes Kitchen towel Rack move and reinstall >DONE > becomes make new better looking kitchen towel rack.........:( Don't matter how many things I do on that list, they seem to get together at night and make more things to do!! :eek:

Oh well, at least I'm busy :D

I agree with Don, your 4 day weekend sounds GOOD !! :)

Cheers!

The list in question is MY list, not the honey do list! :D :D This is my vacation time. LOML still works tomorrow. It's also my birthday weekend, so no honey do's unless I order them. :rolleyes: Actually I got so much done that I'm not sure what else I can do in the shop. But I probably overdid things with my ailing ribs, and will pay the price for it tomorrow. I need to cut up the dead fall limbs, and cut up for the fireplace...no no no, that sounds a lot like honey do stuff. Hmmmmm. I'll have to think about this some. Maybe go get me a bag of M&Ms and make myself sick.:p Jim.