Verizon and Directv install woes...

Ned Bulken

Today has been a day of dealing with burocracies and inefficiencies. After two 2 day delays in getting my Verizon internet service installation hooked up (DSL)... wound up getting a very helpful CSR on the line who figured out the problem (existing line needed to be updated, vs having a 2nd line installed), who then recommended I call tech support and ask them to flip the appropriate switches. Got another very helpful young CSR who actually got the Job DONE, after nearly and hour and a half on the phone trying to get this straightened out.

He said I would be online by 6pm to 8pm tonight... we had service by 4:30pm... :clap: :clap:

Next was Directv... we had their 'movers service' scheduled for installation on this past Monday... truck broke down, no problem, reschedule for wednesday... tech has car accident en route to here... reschedule for this morning 8a-12p. Called Directv at 5pm asking where the supposed supervisor was who was scheduled this morning... got 3 csr's on the phone.... and finally got a call back from the supervisor who is en route as I type this after 18:00. One of the calls to moving services was to ask if I could get NFL sunday ticket free (they're offering it to new customers, so I figure it should be mine for all of my problems getting the install done this week)... no dice. Not going to give up, will be putting in a serious nasty gram about that after the installation is done tonight.

direct tv makes comcast look professional...:rofl::rofl:
dont get me started on verizon I worked for them for 7 years..... Take a very very large inbred dysfunctional family, scatter them around the country only connected by phone line and you might begin to get a glimpse of what is going on there..........:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

well... at the risk of non-PC viewpoints... the two young CSRs from Verizon who were worth their salt spoke excellent 'middle america' style english, were knowledgeable and extremely easy to deal with once I explained my situation to them.

the 4 other techs I spoke with who spoke 'broken' english at best (weekend and monday phone calls) plus the online 'expert' all get major demerits for wasting my time and causing the mess in the first place.