Sucker Born Every Minute

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody need a laser-guided drywall saw?

98153_1.jpg

http://www.dreamproductscatalog.com/auto-hardware/laser-guided-saw.html

That's right up there with the laser-guided shoulder plane I was working on a few years ago...

Laser Guided Shoulder Plane.jpg

wow! The woodworking industry has gone the way of the fishing industry..... Most products are designed to catch fishermen than fish......

How about a laser guided cutting laser attachment for your lathe?!:rofl:

I thought it was a joke till I went to the page.

They really are selling it! But still, it's got to be a joke, right?

Reminds me of something George Carlin ( the comedian) once said on his record. garantee if you nail together two things that have never been nailed together before, Some shmuck will buy it from ya. :eek::rofl:

Now saying that who would have ever thought the Pet rock fad would have ever caught on the way it did. :dunno:

Years ago a friend of mine who worked at a supermarket just for a practical joke had his employees blow up baggies and put on them "cape cod air"
He put them on a display table for $3.95, within 10 minutes 50 baggies were sold. So.... he did it again and did this for the entire day, he couldnt keep them stocked fast enough. He got a call from one of the regional supervisors the next day asking what had happened in his department. It was the highest grossing department in the entire chain. I think they are still laughing about that in the corporate headquarters today.
A few weeks ago I was in one of the local tourist traps we have around here and what do I see at the register? Little bottles with corks in them and printed on them is.. you guessed it "cape cod air"
Still cant figure out how they are shipping our air over to China to bottle it though......:dunno: