If You Like Oak

mike marvel

This was a bare room...not even flooring. I took all kinds of measurements (3 walls), and fabricated the whole room in the shop to the point of having it all assembled, and then taking it apart, delivering it, and installing.

The apartment was on the 8th floor, and all the tools and parts had to be carried, rolled on dollies, and in and out the elevators. Tools had to be removed at the end of each day. What a PITA. But, the client loved it.
warren5.jpg

warren6.jpg

Fantastic looking room. Would love to have a room like that. It's almost be like stepping into another dimension in time and space.... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Holy cow!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
That is beyond description in my book!!!!!!! :thumb::thumb:
If that were in my house :headbang:, if I had built that :woot::woot:!!!!

Man that is a home run! a hole in one! an impossible shot!!!

You are THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :score::clap::clap::congrats::congrats::bow::bow:

Mike, I am not kidding in the least. That is craftsmanship, that is beyond words. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I cringe each and every time my wife watches one of those DIY shows that paints a room like that.

you got a A+ just for the trouble you had to go threw to get the cabs in there let alone the skill that ti took to make look like that..excellent job and i probally could retire on the price tag for that kind of work .. must be a lawyer or some other high official huh:):thumb::thumb:

you got a A+ just for the trouble you had to go threw to get the cabs in there let alone the skill that ti took to make look like that..excellent job and i probally could retire on the price tag for that kind of work .. must be a lawyer or some other high official huh:):thumb::thumb:

I've done a few of those types of rooms. This one was the most difficult to access. But, I must say that this job came from the client first buying one of my tool chests, and loved it.

I did do one for a lawyer about 25 years ago. He wanted the look to be like a judges chamber. There was a designer on the job that I had to work with. Anyway, I never met the lawyer, and this was a brand new condo. Before I had finished, he had sold the condo, without ever seeing the room.

More less than fascinating tidbits. My wife at the time helped me with the installation. The drawer fronts had not been drilled for the hardware, and she agreed to do that. So, I showed her how to do it. We had no work surface other than the floor (which was newly installed solid oak). I showed her how to back up the drilling with a scrap board.

By the time I could check out her work, and she had drilled completely through into the floor. There were about 4 or 5 holes that I needed to fix. Oh well...at least I got paid.:D

masterlogo.jpg

movingplane1.gif

Mike I do like oak. Call me old fashioned whatever i would love that whole unit in my house.
I like the detail you put into it.

As to the sale of the judges chamber room, it must have hurt a little despite being paid to have gone to the effort of exexcution and not having the guy even take a look see. But perhaps he had thar plan in mind all along and was somewhat of an intermediatry for a judge.
I think we should give you a nickname if it aint already something you live with. "Captain Marvel" :)

sent from my Atrix

Mike,what can I say? It is fantastic,I like Oak Some times it gives you a problem with finishing, but looks like that was not a problem for you. As far as your extra help goes (holes in the floor) best not talk about that,she did her best and next time give her a shorter drill bit!:thumb: I did a job similar in a basement for a guy and had to haul all the cabinets down a slippery hill to get them in a walk out. Then install them .... but I had him do all the finishing. So I had just the fun part.:D:thumb: