Interesting Car

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I was working at a house in Bel Air last week, and spent some time in the garage with this Rolls Royce convertible. I had to get a few pics, since it's the only Rolls I've seen with a stainless steel hood and windshield frame. Pardon the poor cell phone pics...the lighting was not real good.

SS Rolls Hood 2 800.jpg SS Rolls Hood 1 800.jpg

Turns out it's a Phantom Drophead Coupé. I'd get one if the gas mileage wasn't so poor. :p (The brushed steel hood option alone costs more than some cars.)

We don't usually hang a lot of artwork in garages (although it does happen occasionally). In this case, the owner of the house has a collection of about a dozen framed parking passes that are displayed along one wall of the garage. They're parking passes for Academy Awards events. He's a big charity donor, so he gets a few perks. Nice guy, too.

We spent all day Tuesday hanging artwork at Jim Belushi's sister-in-law's house. Her hubby is the president of a record company. (I hung platinum album plaques from Justin Timberlake and Fergie in his home office.) They were also nice folks. They had a couple of very friendly dogs that supervised all day, too.

Could I get one of those for my daughters high school graduation gift?

That's up to you and your banker to decide. :D

The sun glare off the hood would...possibly melt your face off.:cool:

That's why you hire a driver. :p

Wonder if that comes in 4WD.

Probably not, but since it weighs over 5700 lb, I'll bet you could slap a set of mud & snows on it and go just about anywhere as long as there was enough ground clearance. Maybe put a few bags of gold in the trunk for added traction. :rofl:

Just my opinion, but that SS hood is UGH-lee. I mean, why would one need to add BLING to a Rolls?

BTW, there's a used two-tone Rolls on someone's front lawn around here with a for sale sign on it. I pass it every two weeks, and it's been there for over a year...

I find it funny that RR posts the gas mileage one can expect.
I cant imagine anyone putting up half million for a car and worrying about the 11 miles pg in the city.
Thats like someone going into the icecream shop and ordering the triple everything on it with 8 lbs of icecream sunday and asking how many calories it is.
I think its a pretty car.
Id get one if I had room in my garage.(and 500,000 dollars laying around)

I had to get a few pics, since it's the only Rolls I've seen with a stainless steel hood and windshield frame.

Oh, that old thing? We just keep that in the garage so the neighbors won't know we drive second class automobiles round here :rofl:

Very cool. I love the fringe benefits of your new job; the /family gets to see all the cool places you go :thumb: