MLCS router bits..Infinity saw blades ..and raised panel doors.

The LOML wanted a new entertainment center. She wanted it made from red oak, her preferred material. When finished, it will be over 73" long. It will have 4 doors...the outside 2 doors are raised panel doors and inner two doors will be "faux" divided glass doors.

At Jim O'Dells recommendation I ordered a couple Infinity saw blades. I am impressed with both but their "Glueline Ripper" is incredible! I believe you could go to glueup immediately after ripping with it.

I needed some router bits for the raised panel doors and elected to order a matched set of rail and style (cove) bits, a 3" raised panel bit (cove) and a matched edgebanding set from MLCS in the Katana line. The rail and stiles bits, and the raised panel bit work extremely well! I will get into using the edgebanding bits when I get into making the sliding shelves. The Katana bits are a little more money but work very well!

Here's a couple photos of one of the raised panel doors dry fit:

rpd1.jpg

rpd2.jpg

Haven't tried the Infinity ripper, but their 40 tooth GP blade is as good as the Forrest - for a lot less money!

I've bought quite a few MLCS bits over the years, and have found them to be very good for the money. Maybe not as pretty as CMT, Amana, or Freud, but they get the job done well.

hey ken theres a knot in the center of that door panel.. is that so the littel elves can peek out at christmas time to see the presents gettin opened:) looks nice and if that glue line rip is like the frued one i have you can go straight to glue up..

Larry....the mate to that door has a little knot centered in it's panel too! It thought it was kinda neat for Mother Nature to center those knots for me in those two panels. Mrs. Fitzgerald had her choice to knot or to not knot. She chose to knot. I hope this is NOT confusing.