Premeum Wall Space

Ron Roase

I don't know about you guys, but my shop has zero wall space left. I wanted to find a home fore my hand planes as they were scatered all over in different places in my shop. I found a spot that was 25"X20" just above my edge sander. It was the home for a tape cabinet,some templates and a drill press vice. This was moved behind my Band Saw to make room for My new Plane Cabinet. Was a fun build,just useing som crap stuff left over from other jobs. Used 3/4" birch plywood for the carcase and shelfs. Some clear pine for the face frame and door. A piece of Luane 1/4" ply for the door center. Used golden-oak stain on outside and sprayed every thing with waterbased clear finish and waxed. Planes are held in with heavy raw hide. Have one spot open for my next plane .... A low angle block plane from Wood River. Soon as I do my next project to pay for it.:rofl::rofl::thumb::D
My Plane cabinet.JPG

My plane collection.JPG

Ron, very nice work and a great compliment of design and color.

The rack you use for bandsaw blade storage, how much width did you leave for the separate slots where the blades actually go?

I am in the process of re-building a wall and I have a spot for blade storage.

Thanks

Nice Job Ron!

And thanks Dom for pointing out the bandsaw blade storage.

I might have to copy that Ron, as it sure beats the 'peg' I hang all of mine on! :thumb: :thumb:

Ron, very nice work and a great compliment of design and color.

The rack you use for bandsaw blade storage, how much width did you leave for the separate slots where the blades actually go?

I am in the process of re-building a wall and I have a spot for blade storage.

Thanks

It's 1 1/2" wide it gives you a little room for your fingers when removing a blade.

Ron, that is a neat cabinet. Bet it is like a shop/garage, you couldn't have built it big enough. You know there is more than one plane in your future!!:eek:;):rolleyes::rofl::rofl::thumb:

Jonathan: No one has ever told me they made there shop or Garage to big!
I have one spot left in my plane cabinet and its reserved for a low angle block plane!:thumb:

Nice Job Ron!

And thanks Dom for pointing out the bandsaw blade storage.

I might have to copy that Ron, as it sure beats the 'peg' I hang all of mine on! :thumb: :thumb:

I used to do the peg just behind the bandsaw,Was fine when I only had two blades, but as more blades came so did the confusion. This way I can see at a glance what size I want.

Ron and Dom, I will be copying that bandsaw blade storage too:):)
I saw that and the other day i realized reason i dont change blades frequently enough is the whole schlep to find the right blade with them all stored in draws and bundled on one wall hook.
Thanks Ron.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Last edited: