15" Sander

That's right there in your neighborhood. He don't give the price tho. I suppose it is open ended on the left there, can't really tell. I don't care too much for the open ended machines but they might work better than I believe they would. I bit the bullet a few years ago and got my timesavers speedsander. It's a great little single phase machine that so far is holding up really well. It gets a lot of use everyweek.

If you really want your hands on one you should at least go look at that one.

Jim the price is in the title $1800.00
I want to stay in the 16 to 24" range when I do buy. I had a 24" Powermatic when I had my production shop and I see no need for anything larger the one and only time I needed wider I just went to someone who had a 37". Let them have the big bill for running it.

I have looked this machine over and for the money its a pretty good machine the reason I am looking at this size machine is because I found that 90% of the work you do on a Widebelt sander is size stock so why waste money on a big machine when something this size will do the job just as well.

We run all of our faceframes and doors through ours and I wouldn't want to have one smaller than what I've got right now. 37" is too small sometimes like a refigerator containment cabinet ff. We do a lot of custom doors and while most of them are no where near 37" wide we run the first pass of the doors diagonally to help remove material faster and to make the machine perform better. Lots of times the throat on the sander is completely full.

I'm sure you will enjoy that machine and yep I found the price just after I hit the submit button a while ago.

Yeah I know a lot of the shops run there face frame though. I never had a need to. I sized all my stock before cutting parts and after assemble just a quick sand with an orbital sanded cleaned everything up.

I could never bring myself to run anything through cross grain only canted. I didn't like having to put in the extra time dealing with the cross grain scratches when using dark stains.

Now just building Organs I have no need for anything wider than a 24" and even that is way over kill. :dunno: