Be Thankful

This is just a gentle reminder to be happy every day and take pleasure in little things. You never know when your number is up.

A close childhood friend of LOML was killed last week in a freak accident. He was the nicest guy, a crackerjack rhythm guitar player, someone who was always smiling and laughing and always a pleasure to be around. He came to my house in Calgary regularly to jam with us, eat lots, and laugh like crazy.

Rest in peace, Rick. Here's the article if you want to read it.

Cynthia, I am sorry to hear of your friends death.
No we don't know how long we have. Also, I don't think I would want to know. Kind of like Garth Brook's song, The Dance. We do sometimes get our underwear in a bunch over goofy things. My girls were in a horrific truck wreck when they were in high school. I second guessed myself til almost sick. Eventually I came to the conclusion to treat my family and friends like I want to be treated (most of the time that means at a long distance!:rofl:) But yes, I lost a good cowboy buddy last year and it has left a gaping hole for me. Remember the fun, grieve a little but most importantly, celebrate the good times and good things he did. That should be his legacy.

Nice reminder Cynthia. In fact, I just got back from a funeral. He was a close friend of my dad. No matter how old you are, you should feel blessed and cherish every moment of your life.

Sorry about your loss Cynthia. I love try to love every day. When we are young we take life for granted. A smart person appreciates every day more and more. Life is awesome, even when it sucks.