Small tool gloat

Matt Ducar

I've all but given up on Craigslist here in the Boston area -- too many people in love with their tools or offering "like new" tools for prices darn near new. These will take a bit of cleaning & tuning, but I figured I've spent $30 on worse over the years.

Here's an overview of the haul:
picture.php

A Millers Falls 56 bevel up block plane:
picture.php

Two picks of the Millers Falls 900B smoother:
picture.php

picture.php

Next up, the Stanley 191 rabbet plane:
picture.php

picture.php

Stanley 71 1/2 router plane. I've been wanting to try out a router plane for a while now - this is the one that caught my eye out of the lot:
picture.php

Stanley 151 spoke shave:
picture.php

And last up, the Stanley 80M scraper:
picture.php

It will probably take me a month of weekends to get them all cleaned up and tuned. But hey, its not like I have projects waiting to get done or anything :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Excellent purchase. If you don't know, the M on the 80M scraper is for malleable, which is a tougher material than the plain 80 scraper. This type was often used in school shops. It's worth alone $25-30, so you made a great purchase there.

Not a bad little haul there! I know what you mean about craigs list.... Im down here on the cape probably looking at a lot of the same ads you are...
Ive had my best luck on ebay for old planes!

Wow .....what a deal welcome to neanderland.:) Spending some quality time cleaning up will be just as enjoyable as using them. You sure dun good with that haul youre entitled to gloat.
I paid $20 for my 71.5 on its own.
Take note that Lee Valley router plane chisels fit the Stanley.

sent from my Atrix