Makes Me Feel at Home

wow that saw scares the bejeezus out of me... especially making a bevel cut with the off cut falling into the blade.. LOOK OUT!:eek::eek::eek:

Rich

It ain't so bad you just stands off to da side & leter rip shoots out just like an arra an iffin you line her up right you can skewer some hot dogs but then you can skewer just about anything get in the way jus depend on ifin you wana invite it to dinner or not.:D:thumb:

There were a lot of these saws made & a lot of fine work work done on them. It's just all in the knowing how. Here's a Delta combo Jointer/table-saw I got Dad to replace his 2 larger tools that he doesn't have room for now.

Attachments

• SJ combo 2.jpg
    SJ combo 2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 28
yeesh! I like my digits thank you.. Ive grown attached to them over the years.

That is a pretty cool looking set up you got there Bart. Still though.... the whole tilting table thing..... makes me shibber......:eek::eek:

Rich

Tilting table or not which way the blade tilts was a bothersome thought to me for several years.

I learned on a 50's anniversary addition C-man contractors saw left tilt & my 1st TS was a 1997 model C-man saw not the same quality saw I was used to. Well a friend of mine called & he had found a left tilt early Unisaw which I purchased & fixed up.

I always worried about the tilt direction so my saw has the longest fence guide I could get & it is scooted over to the left so that I can rip a little over 24" to the left of the blade as it is tilted & I can still rip I think 43" to the right .

Just for grins & giggles keep a tally over the next year of how many times you tilt your saw to rip or cross cut material. It may surprise you at how few time you actually do tilt the blade.

I know there are exceptions where one may make a project with a lot of bevels but I don't think this is the norm.

Attachments

• 1940 Delta Unisaw the way it looked upon arrival.jpg
    1940 Delta Unisaw the way it looked upon arrival.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 19
  • A1 myshop 055.jpg
    A1 myshop 055.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 19
  • This will change the height of you contractors-saw.jpg
    This will change the height of you contractors-saw.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: