Blue Vase

Well here is the blue vase that I had promised. It is 6 1/2" high and 4" across. Guess it is ok as it is now in the LOML's display cabinet. Not sure about the blue myself although it doesn't look bad maybe it just not my color. It is finished with several light coats of lacquer. I am going to make one more of this size and experiment with some colors. Hopefully won't mess it up.

Oh and I will do a photo shoot on this last one of the process for those that asked.

Attachments

• Blue Vase 1.jpg
    Blue Vase 1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Blue Vase 2.jpg
    Blue Vase 2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 27
  • Blue Vase 3.jpg
    Blue Vase 3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 29
Oh Bernie, Bernie, Bernie....flowers come in MANY different colors :rofl: Keep turning my friend...you know she is going to want more.

I actually like it. I didnt get around to commenting on your red one but when I showed it to my wife and she REALLY liked it. I think your on to something. These are WAY COOL! I like them both!

Thanks again. Wayne the dye I am using is transtint dye from CSUSA. Tom the wife thinks I should make a serious of these. I am going to experiment with some new color combo's and will see how it goes.

Very very nice. Take a couple to the gallery. They are going to sell very well for you. Just don't get hung up on only one or two colors.
Dennis

Ditto ditto ditto , first i think you gonna need a new cabinet for the wife.

Then i agree with you on the blue, blue is my favorite color but not sure about wood, however what you got going in this form and color finish is something unique and i can see $$$ if you turn a bunch out make them various colors. That Peacan took the color well.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

This is really a captivating piece Bernie, there are great details to it. If you find it economical to produce it should sell well when exposed to buyers in my view. But hey i am wrong much of the time.:eek::);)