Bring on winter!

I'm ready this year! Some may recall I picked up an old wood-stove off C-list on our anniversary...
well, it's officially been initiated into the shop :woohoo:

original {$30.00} condition when brought home...
mini-DSCF4243.jpg

wire brushed...
wirebrushed.jpg

soaked in PB blaster...
pbblasted.jpg

burned off...
burnoff.jpg

hand sanded & painted with header paint{2000°}...re-sealed the seams with stove cement, but I still need to seal the door...
painted.jpg

bring it on...:D
bringonwinter.jpg

of course this meant a re-arranging of the shop :doh: will post some updated photo's in the shop section...still lot's to do :thud:

Looks like a great job Ken :thumb: It's sure going to be nice to work in a toasty shop:)

I've been toying with the idea of putting one in my garage, Or maybe a pellet stove. Basically to keep the cars warm at night and to hopefully make the family room which is connected to the garage a bit warmer. It's freezing in the winter in there.

Looks like a great job Ken :thumb: It's sure going to be nice to work in a toasty shop:)

I've been toying with the idea of putting one in my garage, Or maybe a pellet stove. Basically to keep the cars warm at night and to hopefully make the family room which is connected to the garage a bit warmer. It's freezing in the winter in there.

Thanks Bob....
Something like this aughta do it up sweet for ya :thumb:
contemporary-double-side-fireplace-gas-closed-hearth-361461.jpg

time to fire that thing up this winter and part with some of your shorts.
I had to separate my shorts today, and it was painful tossing so many 6 inch or less pieces. Just cant store them forever.
Saw your shop pics, nice shop, your mitre setup with the other machines sliding in and out is very similar to my setup.

Bite your tongue Ken!:p
Just 'cause summer is wrapping up, we don't need no stink'in winter!:doh:
I just started the last couple of days (since it was cooler) splittin me wood for winter. Only have about 20 more loads to go. :bonkers:
Oh, I also need to buy another 25 round bales of hay for the cows and about 15 ton of hay for the horses. :doh:
At least I got the new water pump on the Oliver and it is running great and will be ready to move snow. :headbang:

Bite your tongue Ken!:p
Just 'cause summer is wrapping up, we don't need no stink'in winter!:doh:
I just started the last couple of days (since it was cooler) splittin me wood for winter. Only have about 20 more loads to go. :bonkers:
Oh, I also need to buy another 25 round bales of hay for the cows and about 15 ton of hay for the horses. :doh:
At least I got the new water pump on the Oliver and it is running great and will be ready to move snow. :headbang:

:rofl: Luv's me sum fall & winter...take it year round if'n I could.

I hear you on getting the wood together, I've only got three cord{face} at the moment, neighbor has another dead standing good sized elm?:dunno: ...we burn wood in the house as well, but mainly as a supplement...wifey loves to watch it roar....with the damper wide open :doh:....and :rofl: I've got two dogs who probably eat as much as your herd{s} :thumb:

time to fire that thing up this winter and part with some of your shorts.
I had to separate my shorts today, and it was painful tossing so many 6 inch or less pieces. Just cant store them forever.
Saw your shop pics, nice shop, your mitre setup with the other machines sliding in and out is very similar to my setup.

Whoops...missed this :eek: ...Thanks Allen!
yeah the shorts are definitely going to be thinned come fire time! painful is right :thumb: :rofl:

There is no heat that feels as good as wood and coal heat. I remember the "base burner" stoves of relatives when I was a kid. These coal burners had semi-clear small windows (mica maybe?) and you could watch the glowing coals--impressed me anyway.:rofl:

That is a great looking stove. Maybe you will be moving a Laz Boy into the shop. It would be a mighty comfortable "dog house" wouldn't it?

There is no heat that feels as good as wood and coal heat. I remember the "base burner" stoves of relatives when I was a kid. These coal burners had semi-clear small windows (mica maybe?) and you could watch the glowing coals--impressed me anyway.:rofl:

That is a great looking stove. Maybe you will be moving a Laz Boy into the shop. It would be a mighty comfortable "dog house" wouldn't it?

Yep, the feel as well as the smell & sound...nothing better imo :thumb:

Lazy-boy would be sweet, but the wife says "one lazy boy in the shop already is enough" :rofl:

Thanks Ron and you too Rich :thumb:

Hey Ken, I did forget in my smart aleck answer to you to mention, ya dun goood on that there stove!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: (I need to quit typing in this drawl, talked to Larry on the phone and I think it rubbed off! :eek::huh::dunno::doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:)

That came out looking beautiful, Ken. :clap:

I'd love to have a stove in the shop (and enough room for it). My sister and brother-in-law have a wood stove in their garage. They don't have a shop (just fishing, hunting and camping gear), but the garage is the room where everyone hangs out.

That came out looking beautiful, Ken. :clap:

I'd love to have a stove in the shop (and enough room for it). My sister and brother-in-law have a wood stove in their garage. They don't have a shop (just fishing, hunting and camping gear), but the garage is the room where everyone hangs out.

You could sure use a stove in your shop Vaughn. Those California winters but be really brutal. I bet temps can dip into the low 70's at night. Brrrrrr:D

(I need to quit typing in this drawl, talked to Larry on the phone and I think it rubbed off! :eek::huh::dunno::doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:)

Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
You could sure use a stove in your shop Vaughn. Those California winters but be really brutal. I bet temps can dip into the low 70's at night. Brrrrrr

Do I detect a bit of humor here guys?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Bob you crack me up.

Ken you had me thinking you were starting an American Restoration business. After all those treatments i could not put fire in that unit now.

Great job. I actually preferwinter to summer. I cannot stand humidity. Used to live at 6000 ft above sea level at least it was dry in summer. At times a little too much so.:)