Guess who decided to retire from Woodturning

A big loss to the woodturning community. Larry must be pleased now.

Couple of pictures of Vaughn and I in my garage.

More Pics and details to follow.......

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 123
if vaughn quit turning then i know a spot that has now froze over:eek::eek:so i would have to say that your getting some great advice on a lthe very similiar to the one vaughn has or he has gotten a newer one and you go this old one...

No Mayo or Robust in my immediate future. I'm just bored with turning. Everything is so round all the time. :rolleyes:

And then there's the mess. Every. Single. Time. A wood lathe is messier than a 2-year-old kid on Starbucks with extra sugar. I just got tired of cleaning up the shop all the time.

And lastly, Mohammad was willing to pay a fair price for my rig. I thought $15,799 was a reasonable price, but he drives a hard bargain, and he worked me down to $15,775, delivered. And you can tell from the pics who was doing all the work with the delivery part. (I guess me and my Swedish forebears don't handle the heat quite as well as these Pakistani folks.) :eek:

It was great meeting up with Mohammad again, and the Tour de Wood guys will not be surprised when I say I didn't leave hungry. Mohammad's mom made sure of that. :thumb:

What a great site to see. Now we gonna get a look at some of Mohmmads great turnings.:)
So Mohammad are you now the owner of two lathes. No wonder you need more space;)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Say it ain't so, Joe...er, Vaughn.

Surely you jest Vaughn. As skilled and talented as you are you cannot retire from woodturning...You are just getting to the ripe old woodturning age.

I will hope you are getting a new lathe; a Robust or a Stubby or even, (GASP) a Oneway.

I am sure you will do the right thing.:thumb:

Fixed that for you, Rob. :p

He's been holding out on us. Craigslist has been pretty good to him in regards to equipping his shop. ;)

Ok there has to be some sort of recourse for this holding out on us Mohammad, what a stealth gloat. Now you gotta show off the collection.

And here i thought you had a flatwork streak coming needing all that extra space. Instead you been simply getting sucked deeper and deeper into the vortex.:rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the correction Vaughn. :thumb:

I just realized that the lack of detail in my original post has created a great anxiety among family members.:D I had no idea.;) People have been calling Vaughn and emailing him trying to get an explanation. This has caused a total phoneline gridlock on the entire west coast and an email blackout in the southern hemisphere.:rofl:

You guys will be happy to hear that I did buy a used PM3520B but not from Vaughn. Him and the 3520B are practically inseparable.

This was not a planned purchase. You almost never see a PM3520B come up for sale in the used market. So when the opportunity came up then after some consultation with Vaughn, I decided to go for it. Vaughn even offered his help with the logistics.

Vaughn came over my place and we went down to the seller's house in his truck. Between the seller, his friend (both around 21 years old) and us, the job of dismantling the lathe and putting all the parts on to Vaughn's truck was not too difficult. We didn't even need the liftgate. Though, I did get a ride on the liftgate, That was fun.

Getting all the parts off of the truck and assembling them was somewhat tricky. Now we didn't have the help of the two extra sets of hands. We managed some how though and Vaughn came up with a slick idea to attach the bed to the legs. It turned out to be not too labor intensive. Yet, Vaughn got a better workout than I, as evident from the pictures.

Vaughn also scored some olive wood blanks that the seller wanted to get rid of. We will have to wait and see what Vaughn does with them.

Attachments

• IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 65
This is exciting Mohammad:D after you being so patient, waiting for your opportunity, ITS HERE:thumb::thumb::thumb: finally setting up your own shop and looks like your getting some great tools. Can't wait to see what you make in there:) Congrats Mohammad and good on you Vaughn for helping:)

well mohammad,, you have been learnun well on how to spread the truth real thina nd make others get excited i think some of vaughn has rubbed off on you becasue no one else here would lead anyone so far down this trail:) glad for you on this new tool and you owe the forum some of those pictures of your work that you still havnt posted!!!!!!!!!1