A "Thank You" gift

It's a crying shame you weren't able to find any nice wood for that jewelry box, but I guess you did the best with what you had available. :rolleyes: :p

Seriously, that's a gorgeous piece of woodworking, Larry. :clap: The natural edge works great on this one, and your craftsmanship is top-notch. :thumb:

thanks for the kind comments, but if any of you see where something could be done different or better speak up, i am not from the corner that say yeah this really great if it isnt in my eyes,,i feel that if one asks for critiquing that is what they are after..so thanks again and yes this person definitely deserved this and will appreciate it:)

OK, I'll admit it. For the love of me I couldn't figure out how there was a hole in the top, but when the top was closed it didn't have a hole.:dunno::huh: It just dawned on me that it has a mirror on the underside of the lid.duh!:D

And buy the way Larry it is a great looking chest!:thumb:

OK, I'll admit it. For the love of me I couldn't figure out how there was a hole in the top, but when the top was closed it didn't have a hole.:dunno::huh: It just dawned on me that it has a mirror on the underside of the lid.duh!:D

And buy the way Larry it is a great looking chest!:thumb:

thats ok john, we have dealt with folks from tennesee before it just takes longer to sink in:rofl::rofl:

Wonderful piece Larry. I especially like the way you included the natural edges, but kept the piece formal. Great design and as usual, for Mr. Merlau, excellent craftsmanship.

I have to agree with that Ken! A wonderful blend of natural and formal. Well Done Larry! :thumb:

Outstanding

That'll do nicely Larry.:thumb: Well done. Design-execution-finish-all spot on.

And that Cherry-kind of funny looking stuff, all wavy and such. Can't you find some nice straight grain wood out there?:rofl:

That'll do nicely Larry.:thumb: Well done. Design-execution-finish-all spot on.

And that Cherry-kind of funny looking stuff, all wavy and such. Can't you find some nice straight grain wood out there?:rofl:

we got some but we save it for the east coast people:) trying to look out for them you know:)

thanks for all the kind comments.