What do you like to use for a glue spreader

For edge gluing boards I use the glue bottle with the roller applicator. When I go to assemble doors I use an acid brush the I wrap a piece of tape around so I can easily cut the length of the bristles in half too stiffen them up for applying glue. When I finish I wash the brush and put it in the can with my pencils and I let the glue on the roller dry and it just peels right off next time.

I kinda stopped spreading glue out except for laminations.

Copes I just lay a small bead on all faces
edge glueing I just put a bead big enough that it squeezes out both faces.
Laminations I spread it out with a small scrap of whatever is in the can.

The rest I don't bother, just a few lines for face frame parts. Modern glue rocks.

I kinda stopped spreading glue out except for laminations.

Copes I just lay a small bead on all faces
edge glueing I just put a bead big enough that it squeezes out both faces.
Laminations I spread it out with a small scrap of whatever is in the can.

The rest I don't bother, just a few lines for face frame parts. Modern glue rocks.

I'm with Karl on this one never used more than one bead on one side of board edge and clamp never had a failure except for the ones that the kid wouldn't tighten the clamps ( he never could figure it out). I made several thousand panels back then too

Jay

Disposable foam brushes. Rinse with water and I can reuse them a few times. (I hate the waste of just tossing them).

or you could do as a friend did... cut the foam away and the plastic cores are nice little flat spreaders... spread your glue, wash, and ready for next gluing...
works for him... he has a deep sink in his shop... I don't, so gets messy for me.